+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need urgent help about visa extention!

Laulau

May 11, 2017
Hello, I am currently a student in ICM (International College of Manitoba) and due to many unfortunates circumstances I am unable to apply 30 days before my visa expires (I had to get a new passport which is not even ready yet). My student visa and study permit will expire on the 15th of June.

Can I still apply like that?

Also, it's my last semester in ICM but I already applied for the University of Manitoba to continue my studies. However, my acceptance letter from ICM expired in April even if I am currently enrolled there and I haven't received a letter of Offer from University of Manitoba yet (it will take time since I am going there only in Fall)

I was wondering if the time the visa officers will give me will be just enough for me to complete this semester or they will consider the fact that I am continuing...
Please help me, thank you very much :(

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Hello, I am currently a student in ICM (International College of Manitoba) and due to many unfortunates circumstances I am unable to apply 30 days before my visa expires (I had to get a new passport which is not even ready yet). My student visa and study permit will expire on the 15th of June.

Can I still apply like that?

Also, it's my last semester in ICM but I already applied for the University of Manitoba to continue my studies. However, my acceptance letter from ICM expired in April even if I am currently enrolled there and I haven't received a letter of Offer from University of Manitoba yet (it will take time since I am going there only in Fall)

I was wondering if the time the visa officers will give me will be just enough for me to complete this semester or they will consider the fact that I am continuing...
Please help me, thank you very much :(

1. You will get SP extension upto your passport expiry date. Your decision if you want to apply now or wait for a new passport.
2. Since you are in last term at ICM, you should apply for an extension based on ICM program. You must get a new LOA from school.

Laulau

May 11, 2017
Hi,

1. You will get SP extension upto your passport expiry date. Your decision if you want to apply now or wait for a new passport.
2. Since you are in last term at ICM, you should apply for an extension based on ICM program. You must get a new LOA from school.
So I should get a new Letter of Acceptance from the school? And if for example my letter expire the day my last semester finishes then my study permit may be extended until that day only? Even if I already applied to U of M for next semester? And I will have to apply for an extension again? Thank you

Last edited:

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

So I should get a new Letter of Acceptance from the school? And if for example my letter expire the day my last semester finishes then my study permit may be extended until that day only? Even if I already applied to U of M for next semester? And I will have to apply for an extension again? Thank you

Your will get an extension upto your 'last day of term + 90 extra days'.
If you are applying straight for UoM extension, so how will you prove to CIC that you graduate ICM?

Laulau

May 11, 2017
Hi,

Your will get an extension upto your 'last day of term + 90 extra days'.
If you are applying straight for UoM extension, so how will you prove to CIC that you graduate ICM?
Alright then I will upload and send them all the documents showing my current letter and the one I will get soon from U of M. Do you know how much funds should I show?
Thank you very much for answering