+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need Urgent advice - PR Renewal

roberrt

Jul 13, 2013
Dear Experts, Need your urgent advice.

My P.R card expired 1st of June, 2013. I had only completed 525 days of stay as of 1st June,2013 but had applied for a renewal based on the fact that i was self employed and the travel was mainly to earn a livelihood for me and family. But the investigation went back and forth asking me for additional document which i promptly sent. The last communication with CIC was in august 2013. (I have not travelled out of canada since 19th May,2013). My wife and daughter are now citizens of canada.

As of january 18th, 2014 I have completed my 730 days of stay, but have not received my renewed PR card yet. i had requested for a urgent processing as i needed to travel but no response from CIC.

Now I have to travel around the 1st week of april for 4 to 6 weeks, please let me know the best way to get back. Since I have completed my 730 days stay, would a TD be issued to me or should I travel back via U.S and enter through the border? Also please let me know in cases as mine, when can i expect to receive a renewed P.R.Card.

Thanking you'll and looking forward for your advise.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
If, on the date of your PR card renewal application, you didn't meet the Residency Obligation requirements, you may well be in serious problems. This is almost certainly why you have not had it renewed yet. It's probably irrelevant that you now have 730 days inside Canada, as they will be looking at the date of your application only. There is no way that your request for "urgent" processing will be honoured.

You should contact the CIC call centre to find out where you stand. You should not attempt to travel until you know.
It may well be that you are currently under consideration for revocation of your PR status...

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I agree with zardoz.

I wouldn't travel unless you are OK with losing your PR status and having your wife sponsor you to reinstate it.

sammy_2401

Star Member
Jan 18, 2014
Only one thing can save your PR status, and that is - you withdraw your existing PR renewal application. Re-apply once you see status of your (existing) application on eCAS as COMPLETE. Wish you all the very best.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
sammy_2401 said:
Only one thing can save your PR status, and that is - you withdraw your existing PR renewal application. Re-apply once you see status of your (existing) application on eCAS as COMPLETE. Wish you all the very best.
I think that particular ship has sailed, hit an iceberg, sunk and is rusting on the seabed...

sammy_2401

Star Member
Jan 18, 2014
Hi, Is that the case? I think so long as no decision is made yet, one can withdraw his application. Further the guy is in Canada and he now meets 730 days requirement. Would it not be possible to withdraw and resubmit now? Appreciate your response. Thanks.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
If he is under investigation, which seems highly probable, it's way too late to rescue the situation by withdrawal. They will continue to investigate regardless.

roberrt

Jul 13, 2013
how long would an investigation last from date of application, 1yr? 2yrs? in my case it has been over a year since they received my application, just curious when would they take a decesion? incase they wanted to cancel my pr status, why are they letting me live in this country for over 9 months with an expired pr card.

sammy_2401

Star Member
Jan 18, 2014
Hi, in any case, I do not think there is any harm in attempting to withdraw the application. If it works, fine. So I advise, file a withdrawal letter as early as possible, and share your progress. Wish you all the best.

sammy_2401

Star Member
Jan 18, 2014
I am in a similar situation and want to know if there is a previous case of withdrawal of PR application and did CIC accepted to withdraw the application, if so did they return the application? I read through case of Manochan, in which status of his previous application is same and not changed even though he sent a withdrawal letter and re-applied after 2 months. Does it mean that they do not accept any withdrawal letter? Msafiri, Leon, experts..., please reply. Thanks

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
roberrt said:
Leon, msafiri - would appreciate receiving your advice on my situation
Withdraw the application and re-apply as you now have 730 days and really have nothing to lose. Your breach reason doesn't fly with CIC as its a lifestyle choice and the PR is to live in Canada not a glorified visitors visa. If Canada is that bad then CIC effectively take the view you should can the PR and find a better deal some other country. Most PRs hang on till they get citizenship then you can enter Canada at will.

Request urgent processing again to see if 'all is forgiven' but don't expect a smooth ride..CIC may decide to RQ you. Its best not to travel before you have a PR Card in hand but on the presumption you have a US visa then you can re-enter via land border with presenting your landing documents with travel on a non commercial carrier e.g. rental. Likewise if you have a visitor visa exempt passport to Canada you can also re-enter on this as the airlines will assume you are a regular tourist.

In both cases deal with immigration at the port of entry...you will likely get a rough time and run the risk of being reported unless your days are water tight i.e. I wouldn't travel in your shoes just after the 730 days since you start losing these days when you leave Canada. Don't risk the TD route - you may end up stuck wherever you are...check posts by user Romanata and her nightmare before Christmas!

sammy_2401

Star Member
Jan 18, 2014
Hi, Msafiri

Can you provide the link to 'Romanata and her nightmare', perhaps there is a lesson from her posts to learn about travel document problems.

Thanks.

yarasim

Nov 14, 2013
Hi,
My PR card was expired in sep.2010. Last in Canada was Dec. 2008. Currently live in Bermuda. Planning on returning. Anyone can give me advise.