+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need Urgent Advice/Help

aliahmed

Nov 18, 2008
I am Pakistani living in UK from last 2 years.
I entered UK as student then completed my studies and got PSW (Post Study Work) Visa.
Two month ago I found a fulltime job just after finishing my studies. Now I have almost 2 years UK work permit.

I met a Canadian girl 2 years ago on net. She visited UK last year and we met. Our understanding and love proved to be beyond internet. But as she has to return in six month and also she had a job to catch as well, so she returned after spending couple of weeks with me.
Since then we are looking for any way around to be together. She can come and spend some time with me because being Canadian she don't need visa to come here but this is not a permanent solution. We want to get married now. So we can spend rest of life together.

She can come to UK anytime and stay with me. But we both have to apply for COA to get married here in UK. And then we can register our marriage. But in this case we have to wait for about 2 months to get COA because we both are not UK citizens. And after registering marriage she has to go back. So I can get her a dependent UK visa or she applies for my Canadian spouse visa. Again approximately its about 4 month's process to get married in UK for us because we both are not British citizens.

Other way around is that I apply for Canadian tourist visa (without telling authorities that I am entering Canada for purpose of marriage). And as I get there in Canada we get married because she is citizen and things will going to be bit easy for us. Spend some time with her and try to come back within my visit visa restrictions. Secondly in any case I have to come back to UK to continue my job.
After that she can apply for my Canadian spouse visa or I can get her a dependent UK visa. So we can live together.
I really don't want to opt this option but seems like this is the best option for us.

One question is bothering me is that is this a right way to be together or there could be another simplest and fastest way for us? We really want to be together we both waited a long time.

Second question is how long is it take to get married in Canada (she is from Ontario)? Because I really want to come back to continue my job as soon as possible.
After getting married, can she still visit me in UK without getting a visit visa as she use to before(I know she can only stay in UK up to six months). At least something is better than nothing till we sort out our visa matters.
Please someone guide step by step with the process of registering marriage in Canada.
It's been about 2 years we are deeply in love but we are not finding any proper or simplest way to be together forever.
We both are going through continues stress and confusion.
I saw some posts here some people are really experienced so they can show me right and simplest way.
I would appreciate if someone helps a couple.

Regards,
Ali.

M

med

god be with you ali and be patient u ll make it in my opinion as long as both of u dont have any visa trouble in visiting each others so u can just apply to get married in uk and then later on she can sponor u in canada but if u go to canada and marry without letting them know abt the purpose of ur visit i think u ll have trouble answering the sill questions on the application forms papers questions like have planned for marriage and when and where . so just think alot before u do anthing . anyway thats only m opinion i hope u ll hear from others they migh help u more
good luck from med

aliahmed

Nov 18, 2008
Thanks for advice.

I didnt understand which application form you are talking about.

What if we both get married while I will be on my tourist canadian visit visa, after this I comes back and then she applies for my spouse visa? Dont we have proof of marriage with us then.
I am still confuse. Please explain little bit.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have friends who wanted to get married here in Canada, both foreigners. They were told they only needed ID and birth certificate so it's not supposed to be a big deal. Maybe your fiance who lives here could research this. I am sure she or her family might have some ideas where you would get married and who is doing the ceremony.

If you are worried about getting your visit visa to Canada, get a letter from your employer stating how long you have worked there and that you are going on vacation and will return to work afterwards.

Oct 27, 2008
That's what I would say, I dont think it is a big deal to come here (Canada) and get married, that's what my husband did and my friend's wife, he didnt say he was coming to get married at the boreder, but I dont think it is a big deal either way.

You can register the day before at a government office with ID..

M

med

ok ali what jasem and leon said so much convincing stick to that and good luck

aliahmed

Nov 18, 2008
Many many thanks for all of you guys.

Now I am trying to manage all things regarding our marriage, so as I arive there I make it happen as soon as possible.

Anyways I am pretty much confident I am on right track and I am not doin anything illegal or wrong.

I would remember you all in my prayers. Thanks again to all to show us right direction.

M

med

good luck ali and may Allah be with you am sure you will do it ,