+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need transit visa that has connecting flight to US as Canadian PR

Van355a

Apr 10, 2017
Hello there,

Where going to travel to Asian country, and return back to Canada with connecting flight to Los Angeles,CA
So we have a 3hours waiting for the next flight to Toronto. Do we still need a transit visa or ESTA/ Electronic Travel authorization from Canada or US? And We're a canadian PR.

Thanks!

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
My understanding would be if you are travelling on a visa waiver passport and have an ESTA you are good to transit. If not a visa waiver passport then you need a transit visa , see here https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/other/transit.html

It is one of the irritating things about transiting the US having to queue and face US CBP just to tell them you have zero intention of staying in the US and if it wasnt for example someone might even be on the same physical plane given it would crash without refueling they wouldnt be transiting. As an example Europe to NZ via LAX. Not a unique transit requirement just through the US but made more of an issue there, maybe even more now with Trumps keep 'bad dudes' out policy.

Sheshe10

Apr 18, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 6, 2012
Doc's Request.
Dec 17, 2014
Med's Request
Dec 17, 2014
Med's Done....
January 12, 2015
Passport Req..
June 8, 2016
Van355a said:
Hello there,

Where going to travel to Asian country, and return back to Canada with connecting flight to Los Angeles,CA
So we have a 3hours waiting for the next flight to Toronto. Do we still need a transit visa or ESTA/ Electronic Travel authorization from Canada or US? And We're a canadian PR.

Thanks!
Greetings! May I ask if do we need to have US visa? This is our flight details; From Philippines to Narita Tokyo to Detroit to Toronto. We have connecting flight from Detroit to Toronto? For 5 hours. We are heading to Toronto as Permanent Residence and we are using Philippine passport.

I am hoping for your response. Thank you!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Sheshe10 said:
Greetings! May I ask if do we need to have US visa? This is our flight details; From Philippines to Narita Tokyo to Detroit to Toronto. We have connecting flight from Detroit to Toronto? For 5 hours. We are heading to Toronto as Permanent Residence and we are using Philippine passport.

I am hoping for your response. Thank you!
Yes - you need a transit visa.