+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need to sponsor common law partner, help PLEASE!!!

Yj1202

Feb 20, 2019
Hello members,

I just started working as a highly skilled worker (NOC B) on a PGWP, am looking to get my common law partner, who is actually on a study permit (expiry date: 30 march 2020) an open work permit.
I have been trying to get information on the CIC website but not getting any accurate one.
I want to know what are the documents i will be needing from my side to be able to get her an open work permit?!

Can anyone help please?
Thank you in advance

H_arman22

May 14, 2019
Hello members,

I just started working as a highly skilled worker (NOC B) on a PGWP, am looking to get my common law partner, who is actually on a study permit (expiry date: 30 march 2020) an open work permit.
I have been trying to get information on the CIC website but not getting any accurate one.
I want to know what are the documents i will be needing from my side to be able to get her an open work permit?!

Can anyone help please?
Thank you in advance
this is the info i gathered from this site and others.
the fact that your partner study permit expires 30 march 2020 VO may be suspicious and think you are using SOWP as a easy route to keep her in Canada. this is due to past abusive of the system
SO you MUST have 3 pay stubs .evidence such as bills with both names on it.Lease.utilities.money in bank. photos
SOWP is not a given still with all the evidence
depends on VO
Also raises a red flag if relationship under 1yr
Goodluck!