+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need to restart career

spudwick9

Oct 9, 2020
Hi guys my husband and I are going to reach ontario within few months, our PR is in process. I need some guidance regarding doing a 1-year pg diploma course in a college which can help me to land a job in IT sector accross Ontario. I am starting with some certifications and automation testing courses. Since, I have never worked before but I have a engineering degree in Computer Science, your advice would be realy helpful. How should I proceed ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Research Ontario colleges and universities of PG programs as there are many different programs. Don’t know where you are living so focus on the city where you are.

spudwick9

Oct 9, 2020
Research Ontario colleges and universities of PG programs as there are many different programs. Don’t know where you are living so focus on the city where you are.
Thank you for the reply. I will do the research, but I am confused as say I get admission in any college for a pg diploma course, and like I mentioned I have not worked before, so what will be my chances of landing a job in IT domain, because as following this forum I am seeing that people with work experience also are not getting jobs in canada, i.e. they directly look for job after landing here, will the canadian education (only diploma) help my profile ? Since I won't be hving cnin wor experience (which I know i very helpful in landing a job).

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
If you don’t have work experience in IT, a PG diploma might not get you a job. You need to show you have some experience in the field.