+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need to know sementers

KSA99

Star Member
Jun 14, 2009
Hi,

My daughter has done A level in 2011 with very good grades (three As and one B in science subjects). She is PR holder and live outside Canada. She has not yet applied to any Canadian university this year. My question can she apply now and get admission in any good university like UoT? I understand that she is late for Aug/Sep for this year but I don’t want her year 2012 to be wasted. If she is late for Aug/Sep term, can she get admission for some other terms in the current year or for early of next year?

Kindly reply in details.

Regard.

RN

Star Member
Jan 28, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

It is late now to apply for admission especially to top universities. She may still be able to gain admission to non competitive programs in some colleges. Depending on her program, she may be able to have a January start (some programs in some schools have a January start). She should look at all programs that is relevant to her area of interest and see if there is a january start.

Hope this helps.

abelkwh

Jul 30, 2009
KSA99 said:
Hi,

My daughter has done A level in 2011 with very good grades (three As and one B in science subjects). She is PR holder and live outside Canada. She has not yet applied to any Canadian university this year. My question can she apply now and get admission in any good university like UoT? I understand that she is late for Aug/Sep for this year but I don't want her year 2012 to be wasted. If she is late for Aug/Sep term, can she get admission for some other terms in the current year or for early of next year?

Kindly reply in details.

Regard.
Her grades are good enough to enter McGill or U of T or UBC. However, the application deadline has already passed and closed for most of the programs. Since she is a PR, i would recommend that she apply for the Winter (Jan 2013) intake and enter the uni of her choice first, then apply for the respective program she is interested in. Get her to look at the application and admission dates for the winter intake instead of the fall 2012 intake cause deadline is over.