+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need to go to Canada from USA after 2 weeks of softlanding.

amanchd

Aug 5, 2019
Hi All,
I am new Permanent Resident. I have done my softlanding landing in Canada via private car 1 week ago. Now, i am back in USA. I have my signed CoPR and passport with me.

I do not have my PR card with me as it takes time to get delivered. I again need to travel back to Canada for one week via private car. Can I do that without PR card? Or do I need to apply for PRTD?

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Hi All,
I am new Permanent Resident. I have done my softlanding landing in Canada via private car 1 week ago. Now, i am back in USA. I have my signed CoPR and passport with me.

I do not have my PR card with me as it takes time to get delivered. I again need to travel back to Canada for one week via private car. Can I do that without PR card? Or do I need to apply for PRTD?
Yes, you can. with your CoPR and passport you should be able to get inside via road. no issues.

Zalgia

Oct 7, 2015
Yes, you can. with your CoPR and passport you should be able to get inside via road. no issues.
Hi i came across to this site. I might as well as on this trend. my PR card is already expire and renewed it card last oct 2021, and I will be travelling to the US on january 20, 2022. my question is, can my uncle who is a US citizen be able to drop me off to Toronto? or can my brother in law who is a canadian citizen be able to pick me up from the US border? thanks.

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Hi i came across to this site. I might as well as on this trend. my PR card is already expire and renewed it card last oct 2021, and I will be travelling to the US on january 20, 2022. my question is, can my uncle who is a US citizen be able to drop me off to Toronto? or can my brother in law who is a canadian citizen be able to pick me up from the US border? thanks.
Yes, either of it can be done as the borders are opened now. But just that your brother-in-law or your uncle along with you need to be vaccinated and carry covid-test proofs to be shown at the borders(if there are any requirements as such).