Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
8/10/2015
Med's Done....
7/28/2015
Passport Req..
12/22/2015
Hi,

I got ITA in July and submitted my application as an outland FSW on 8/10.

I submitted NOC code 1123 (Professional occupations in advertising, marketing and public relations).

I have 10 years of Marketing experience and now I'm beating myself for not reading the main duties of NOC code 1123 before I submitted. Most of my experience was in the Marketing research field, and I now realize that my NOC code should have been 4163 (Business development officers and marketing researchers and consultants)

Several applicants have had their application rejected due to inaccurate NOC codes. I tried to log into myCIC to change my NOC code but of course it doesn't allow me.

Any suggestions? Please help, as I want to minimize risk of having my application rejected.

Thanks

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can't do anything now that the application is under process except let CIC decide if they find your choice of NOC reasonable. Hope they do.

All the best!

tomneversfield

May 8, 2015
USA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
8/10/2015
Med's Done....
7/28/2015
Passport Req..
12/22/2015
Asivad Anac said:
Can't do anything now that the application is under process except let CIC decide if they find your choice of NOC reasonable. Hope they do.

All the best!
Thanks Asivad for your response.. I was hoping I could submit a case specific enquiry to inform them of the other noc code (that is a better fit to my experience), but that could be risky since I would be explicitly pointing out that I screwed up.. If I leave everything as is, there's a 30% chance it may just pass... I'm prepared for a rejection but I really hope that by the grace of God they will accept the current noc... I honestly don't understand what the importance of noc codes is in the new express entry system anyways.. In the old system they used to accept certain quotas from specific noc codes.. Now it's just a matter of technicality! A good/solid HR reference letter should suffice! My $0.02 anyways!

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tomneversfield said:
Thanks Asivad for your response.. I was hoping I could submit a case specific enquiry to inform them of the other noc code (that is a better fit to my experience), but that could be risky since I would be explicitly pointing out that I screwed up.. If I leave everything as is, there's a 30% chance it may just pass... I'm prepared for a rejection but I really hope that by the grace of God they will accept the current noc... I honestly don't understand what the importance of noc codes is in the new express entry system anyways.. In the old system they used to accept certain quotas from specific noc codes.. Now it's just a matter of technicality! A good/solid HR reference letter should suffice! My $0.02 anyways!
NOC is still very much in the thick of things under EE. Just that there is no predefined list of acceptable NOCs - EE is more free market and meritocratic. But the onus is still on the applicant to prove that their work experience was acquired within the meaning of their chosen NOC - that regulation hasn't changed at all.

feejay87

Star Member
Jun 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tomneversfield said:
Hi,

I got ITA in July and submitted my application as an outland FSW on 8/10.

I submitted NOC code 1123 (Professional occupations in advertising, marketing and public relations).

I have 10 years of Marketing experience and now I'm beating myself for not reading the main duties of NOC code 1123 before I submitted. Most of my experience was in the Marketing research field, and I now realize that my NOC code should have been 4163 (Business development officers and marketing researchers and consultants)

Several applicants have had their application rejected due to inaccurate NOC codes. I tried to log into myCIC to change my NOC code but of course it doesn't allow me.

Any suggestions? Please help, as I want to minimize risk of having my application rejected.

Thanks
Your chosen NOC is broadly covering up the functional role you do and your tasks do come under its umbrella; However, the NOC you just came across is more specifically defining your duty descriptions; I hope CIC takes it that way :) Goodluck!