+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need to change damaged passport

dinodn

Aug 22, 2016
Friends, most unfortunate thing happened to me! My passport got damaged by an oil stain on its front page. Details on passport is still visible and photo is intact, but after checking with passport officers, they declared it as a damaged one.

Now to get a police clearance or medical tests, I need to reissue a new passport, which means a new passport number. I received my ITA on Jan 12th and I am in process of submitting all necessary documents.

Please advise what all changes or what all updates i should do on my Express entry profile (Ontario).

Thanks in advance.

Dino
India

dinodn

Aug 22, 2016
If someone facing this same situation, all you need is :

1) If you received ITA, update CIC via Letter of explanation. Update them the old and new passport details precisely.
2) Update your EE profile which you created initially if its possible with new passport details
3) Use new passport details in the ITA profile section, where you are asked to update and upload passport/travel documents.
4) If you travel history on old passport and want to declare that, declare it in ITA section, provide scanned copies of stamped pages from old passport in your letter of explanation
5) If you have received a nomination from any province, update them along with attested copies of new passport.