+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

need to change address but have no reference # for cic

Arielrose

Jan 6, 2014
So we filed our paperwork for pr in sept. My husband recieved an email requesting additional documents. We got them in and about 2 months later he recieved his approval for sponsership letter. Now i have experianced a house fire and have to relocate while the renovations are complete. A few months. I need to submit a change of address request however i have no uci number only my husband has one from his communications with the cic. We provided emails in our applications so we wouldnt recieve paper mail however his approval letter didnt come as a email but in paper form. Not having heard anything from them myself what should i reference when emailing the cic to change my address. My husbands uci # or would that make no sense to them. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Arielrose

Jan 6, 2014
There was an application number along with my husbands paperwork. I wonder if the UCI numbers are different from sponsor to applicant but the application number is the same throughout. Anyone have any insight on this.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
yes, the application number is the same for both sponsor and applicant. the applicant and sponsor have different UCI (unique client identifier) #s. if you have a file number, then you can use that when corresponding with CIC. if you want your UCI number you can try calling the call center.