+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need to attest/notarize All document copies or only translated copies ?

salmannavid

Dec 6, 2010
Dear All

Is there a need to attest/notarize all the document copies that we are submitting ?

I have an understanding that we are supposed to translate any docments that are not in English, and then these translated copies have to be verified or attested by accredited translator

But for the document copies that are originally in English, do we have to get these copies attested as well ?

This requirement is not mentioned anywhere in the letter I receive. The VO basically asks for copies of documents, but does not say (attested or verified or notarized copies). So Should i get ALL COPIES attested or not ?

Or only the ones that have been translated ?

Thanks

humsafar

Jun 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with initial application
IELTS Request
Sent with initial application
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS 19-10-2011
Med's Request
20-07-2012
Med's Done....
25-08-2012 received in London 31-08-2012
Not necessary, but notarisation increases the weightage of ur documents.

Kanamen

Champion Member
Oct 20, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
humsafar said:
Not necessary, but notarisation increases the weightage of ur documents.

Dear HAMSAFAR, again you are misguiding.

Its required by VO and is mentioned in their instruction sheet clearly Gather documents as listed. Check () each item on the checklist and attach the checklist to your documents (a paper clip will do). Place all documents in a sealed envelope. Do not send originals unless otherwise stated. Send notarized photocopies of all documents except the police certificates, which must be originals. If your documents are not in English or French, send a notarized (certified) translation with a copy how come you say NO NEED
See these are the factors involved in delaying your process and then you start blaming to VO.
PLEASE DO AS DIRECTED BY VO

csmaccath

Apr 3, 2010
I'm wondering which version of the instructions you're referring to. My visa-specific instructions for Buffalo, USA read like this:

Gather documents as listed. Check each item on the checklist and attach the checklist to your
photocopied documents (a paper clip will do). Place all documents in a sealed envelope. Do not send
originals unless otherwise stated. If your documents are not in English or French, send a notarized
(certified) translation with a copy of the originals.

That's why I posted to the forum to ask about this a couple of days ago.

csmaccath

Apr 3, 2010
Okay, so I pulled the directions for England, and they read like this:

Gather documents as listed. Check each item on the checklist and attach the checklist to your
documents (a paper clip will do). Place all documents in a sealed envelope. Do not send originals unless
otherwise stated. Send notarized photocopies of all documents except the police certificates, which must be
originals. If your documents are not in English or French, send a notarized (certified) translation with a copy
of the originals.

So the CIC knows what it's asking for and spells it out in Appendix A of the visa office-specific instructions. If it says to send notarized copies, then by all means, do it. My instructions don't say that though, so I think it's safe for me to skip.

Best of luck to you!