+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need to apply for BOWP, but need help!

BRDesai

Aug 8, 2013
Hi,
I have applied for PR in June, 2013, my Medical is done and RPRF is also completed in February, 2014, since then I am waiting for my Passport Request, but did not get it yet. In October they transferred my file to Delhi.
Now my problem is my Work Permit is Expiring on 30 January, 2015. (It was closed work permit based on LMO)
I know, I have to apply for BOWP, but I have question, as I had closed work permit, do I need to apply for same Employer, as I am planning to change employer, can I apply for New Employer, or it will have problem?
Also I am not sure still how long it will take to complete the admissibility in India, so, I am confused, do I need to apply for BOWP now or do I need to wait in case I receive Passport Request, I am so confused, if anyone can help me out, I will be appreciated.

mesumrizvi

Nov 7, 2014
Toronto - Canada
BRDesai said:
Hi,
I have applied for PR in June, 2013, my Medical is done and RPRF is also completed in February, 2014, since then I am waiting for my Passport Request, but did not get it yet. In October they transferred my file to Delhi.
Now my problem is my Work Permit is Expiring on 30 January, 2015. (It was closed work permit based on LMO)
I know, I have to apply for BOWP, but I have question, as I had closed work permit, do I need to apply for same Employer, as I am planning to change employer, can I apply for New Employer, or it will have problem?
Also I am not sure still how long it will take to complete the admissibility in India, so, I am confused, do I need to apply for BOWP now or do I need to wait in case I receive Passport Request, I am so confused, if anyone can help me out, I will be appreciated.
Apply for same employer.. but BOWP is always an open work permit so regardless you will still get an open work permit.

I suggest since your current work permit is expiring end of Jan 2015, wait till the last week of Jan before applying for BOWP. If you do not receive a passport request and have to apply for BOWP, you can still stay on implied status until your BOWP application is under process.

tom_brave

Star Member
Jan 25, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
With BOWP you are free to work for any employer with in the province. So in the BOWP application forms Employer details are not mandatory.. you can simply write "Bridge Open Work Permit Application" for all the questions related to Employer. This worked for me!!.

kkrr

Star Member
Mar 23, 2014
Are we eligible to work only in respective province ???
I think we can work any where in canada except Qubec.. Pls correct me if I'm wrong..

tom_brave said:
With BOWP you are free to work for any employer with in the province. So in the BOWP application forms Employer details are not mandatory.. you can simply write "Bridge Open Work Permit Application" for all the questions related to Employer. This worked for me!!.

maniac2403

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2013
Doc's Request.
29-05-2014
AOR Received.
27-12-2013
IELTS Request
Provided with application
File Transfer...
04-06-2014 (ECAS In Process)
Med's Request
10-06-2014
Med's Done....
11-06-2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
20-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
27-06-2014 (Visa stamp) 9-07-2014 (Passport Received)
LANDED..........
10-07-2014
kkrr said:
Are we eligible to work only in respective province ???
I think we can work any where in canada except Qubec.. Pls correct me if I'm wrong..
With BOWP you can technically work in any province. While CEC application process, you will be asked to prove that you intend to reside outside Quebec.

mesumrizvi

Nov 7, 2014
Toronto - Canada
tom_brave said:
Dont need to provide a job letter.. but if u have one then i guess provide them as it substantiates your application.