+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need tips or advise - Fedex (or UPS) Passport from US to Ottowa

chris_j11

Dec 31, 2014
Just need verification, everything seems perfect from this point and don't want to mess up the final stage :D
===================================
· If you have a mailing address in the U.S.A.:
- The self-addressed, pre-paid envelope should be arranged with a courier that delivers between Canada and the U.S.A.
- Submit all documents by mail in a single package and send to the following address:
CPC – Ottawa – PR
365 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa ON K1A 1L1
==================================

We received email that my wife (currently living in US) needs to mail her passport - The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete.
I (live in Canada) was thinking of her using Fedex
Does she or Fedex needs to provide any specific paper work so it won't get stuck in the custom
(I read in a previous post "Even though passports have no commercial value, a commercial invoice with zero value may still be required")

About the pre-paid envelope - if using Fedex, does she needs to provide another envelope inside with the return address label already applied or no envelope and just the label.

Thanks in advance

chris_j11

Dec 31, 2014
I have called Fedex and verified that I don't need any special document when shipping the passport from US to Ottowa.

The only thing I'm not sure is - can she just place a returning address LABEL inside the main envelope or should she provide a separate envelope with the label already applied and place inside the main envelope

Will the Agent use the same envelope and apply the label themselves or they prefer a new envelope with the label already applied?

Omegabyte

Aug 8, 2016
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Edmonton
LANDED..........
02-03-2017
Hi. Separate envelope with pre-paid label.

I also answered your question on another forum.

nin_ja

Star Member
May 20, 2016
Does this apply for the return shipment also? When CIC sends back the passport from Canada to the US, is there any extra customs document required? I am planning to use UPS and if anyone has a past experience with the same, it would be really great if you could share your experience.

Also, while describing the shipment, do we just need to say "Documents" or need to specify that it is a passport?

Any help is much appreciated! Thank you!

bluenkj

Mar 9, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/4/16
Doc's Request.
n/a
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
11/22/16
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
12/9/16
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
10/2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
15/3/17
VISA ISSUED...
23/03/2017
LANDED..........
8/4/2017
nin_ja said:
Does this apply for the return shipment also? When CIC sends back the passport from Canada to the US, is there any extra customs document required? I am planning to use UPS and if anyone has a past experience with the same, it would be really great if you could share your experience.

Also, while describing the shipment, do we just need to say "Documents" or need to specify that it is a passport?

Any help is much appreciated! Thank you!
I paid for a return envelope through fedex and got it back no problems. When fedex asked the reason for the shipment I just wrote immigration paperwork. It all went through fine and I got my COPR back with no problems.

nin_ja

Star Member
May 20, 2016
bluenkj said:
I paid for a return envelope through fedex and got it back no problems. When fedex asked the reason for the shipment I just wrote immigration paperwork. It all went through fine and I got my COPR back with no problems.
Thank you very much bluenkj! Just one question, Fedex asks for a "Shipment Date" while creating a shipment, since we do not really know when CIC will send it back, what did you do for that?

Also, just wanted to confirm again, that you did not have send any extra document for customs etc.

Thanks again!

nin_ja

Star Member
May 20, 2016
Any information is much appreciated. Really concerned about passport getting stuck at customs. Do I need to add any extra customs form along with the return label/envelope? Thank you!