+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need the right answer

okupa

May 8, 2008
What is that every lawyer I have talked to always try to advice me to apply to Quebec?, even though I do not speak any word in French, it seems it would be more easy for me to learn French than apply to Federal.

What is the mystery? is it less work for them? is Quebec a sure thing? I am eligible for both, however, they want me to learn French to apply for Quebec instead of Federal where I don't have to.

And yes, I have spoke with several attorneys, including the sponsor for this forum.

Thanks in advance!

ocanada

Star Member
Apr 29, 2008
i guess koz the lawyers know that the time to process application for quebec is lesser than federal .
For example, for someone who applies from england, like me, it takes about 24 months - 31 months to process FS application whereas it i was to apply for quebec , it would take about 12 months only.
Please note that if quebec selects u, u have to land in quebec then.
they will expect u to stay in their province and contribute to their economy as many immigrants apply through quebec then once they land in quebec, they go to live in other parts of canada.
hopefully, this information helps.
God Bless you :)
OCANADA :)

bobine

May 5, 2008
the lawyers are right about applying through Quebec...even though you don't speak french it
will be easier for you to adapt and plus the time frame will be in your advantage.
could you share with us what's the best way to apply for Quebec?
Thanks a lot

aryabarun

Apr 6, 2008
Qubec is faster, for sure. If you meet the Qubec criteria and your lawyers , too, are advising you on the same, you should go for this option if your priority is Canada.