+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

need suggestions regarding the category of trv to re enter canada..

zombies

Aug 7, 2011
hi every1....

It would be really helpful if some 1 could guide me after going through my situation that in which category of trv should i apply from india to re enter canada...here is my profie

I came to canada in sep 2011 for study...i was in humber college and was enrolled in a one yr post graduate course...i successfully completed my studies in may 2012 .....but unfortunately on may 20th i met with an accident in canada in which i broke my arm and was asked to go through a surgery which was done in canada...on june 10th i applied for my post graduation work permit...and i returned to india on june 14th to be with my family and quick recovery....now since i got that work permit for one yr from 1st aug 2012 to 1 aug 2013.....i want to return back since m recovering...but on that work permit its written this does not authorize re entry...could some 1 plz suggest how should i go now....and in which category should i apply from india for trv...would this work permit get expire if one leaves the country....o if i come back i have to apply for it again... o i can start working on this work permit wen i come back..i m very confused...any suggestions from u guys would b really helpful.........plz help me to
find a way to re enter....awaiting for ur reply...

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
The work permit is good till Aug 2013 even if you are outside Canada. You have to apply for a temporary resident visa(worker visa).

Visa office in New Delhi: http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/india-inde/visas/index.aspx?lang=eng&menu_id=4&view=d
http://www.vfs-canada.co.in/visaapplication.html

zombies

Aug 7, 2011
but for worker visa the requirements they have stated in their website are that u have to have job offer from canadian employer whereas i m having open work permit ...according to u they would consider this open work permit and issue me a worker visa....wat documents i have to put in this case....m really confused ....i have to show them funds to o not...plz help and guide me the write solution to go with....

zombies

Aug 7, 2011
is it possible that the pg open work permit which is issued inside canada would be enough to apply for trv from the canadian embassy in new delhi... the category would be work visa o visitor visa..would there be any issues ...o they will give me in a month o so.. do i have to show any funds while filing my application...wat documents i have to show to the immigration officer at the port of entry to canada...kindly give ur inputs on these issues.....

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
I do not know what the visa office will do since I don't work there. :) You have to apply and see what happens.

What I am saying is, you have a pgwp(post graduation work permit) but you would need a TRV to re-enter Canada. A job offer is not required for a pgwp, but your situation is a little different because you are outside Canada. Normally, you need to have a job offer or a letter from the employer confirming current employment to obtain a TRV. You may want to consider one of two options:

1. obtain a job offer from an employer in Canada and include it with your application. Note that the employer does not have to apply for a LMO(labor market opinion) because you already hold a pgwp or

2. have proof of funds for 3 to 6 months to show that you will be able to support yourself while you look for work. If you go this route, consider writing a letter to explain your plans about finding work and may be also why you left Canada and want to return now. Best of luck!

zombies

Aug 7, 2011
so wat would b the category of trv in which i should apply...visitor visa o worker visa.....what r the chances of getting trv if i m having that pgwp...

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Worker visa. I don't know what the chances are but if you don't try you won't find out.

zombies

Aug 7, 2011
if i dont have a job offer than i have to show funds to get trv in worker category ....would this work permit will be valid wen i re enter canada...

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
The way I see it, you can consult a lawyer, apply for a TRV and see how it goes or stay in India. Goodluck!

zombies said:
if i dont have a job offer than i have to show funds to get trv in worker category ....would this work permit will be valid wen i re enter canada...