+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need suggestions on documents for TRV of parents

echbee

Star Member
Mar 17, 2017
Hi,

I came to Canada as a permanent resident in December 2017. I have a permanent job here and my annual income is above 60000 CAD and I have been employed in this job for a month now. I have an unmarried sister who works and lives in India and my parents are planning to apply for a visa to Canada so that they can visit me in upcoming summers. My father is a real-estate contractor and he does not have the contractorship registered under his name, while my mother is a housewife who takes tuition classes for school students. Both of my parents file their ITRs and have their last 3 years ITR forms with them. They also have enough liquid assets (>7-8 lakhs INR) to support their travel for 3 weeks to Canada.

I am confused whether their lack of registered business would create any hindrance to their TRV application. I am hearing different opinions on different threads.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I came to Canada as a permanent resident in December 2017. I have a permanent job here and my annual income is above 60000 CAD and I have been employed in this job for a month now. I have an unmarried sister who works and lives in India and my parents are planning to apply for a visa to Canada so that they can visit me in upcoming summers. My father is a real-estate contractor and he does not have the contractorship registered under his name, while my mother is a housewife who takes tuition classes for school students. Both of my parents file their ITRs and have their last 3 years ITR forms with them. They also have enough liquid assets (>7-8 lakhs INR) to support their travel for 3 weeks to Canada.

I am confused whether their lack of registered business would create any hindrance to their TRV application. I am hearing different opinions on different threads.
First, unless your parents and sister have exceptionally strong individual ties + strong employment situations I would not apply for all applicants at one go..... especially your sister.

To answer your question:
For your dad: Not having a registered business = Not being able to prove it is legit + not being able to prove his employment ties is a reason to return + not being able to prove the finances he has indicated in his ITRs/bank balance were earned through legit sources, etc etc

It's the same for your mom too although normally one does not register tuition classes as a 'business' in India. Her tuition classes are not a strong employment situation.

Nonetheless, hopefully she is being paid through cheque/should request for cheque payments for a couple of months before she applies + mention she is able to visit in the summer because of the school break in India.

I would recommend your parents must focus on other strong ties/reasons to return