+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need Suggestions on address change after job loss

Quebec_EE_FSW

Sep 9, 2015
Hello All,

I am an inland FSW applicant (August AOR from Quebec). My ECAS shows In Process with 3 lines.

I used to work in Quebec on a TFWP which is good thru Aug-2017. Due to mass layoffs in my organization off-late, I was also laid-off yesterday.
As i have worked for more than 2 years, I am entitled to receive the employment insurance benefits for at least 44 weeks. And also as I have a valid WP and Visa for almost 2 years from now, I can reside legally in Canada.

Can anyone suggest which one of these options would be advisable to follow.

1. Move back to my home country, change the address in PR file and wait till a decision is made and come back.

2. As I live in Quebec, I will be asked by the CIC to show my intent to live outside Quebec. So can I live in Quebec on the insurance benefits till I get a letter from CIC and then write to the visa officer as I neither have a job in Quebec anymore nor any family connections, I will move out of Quebec as soon as a PR is issued.

Can you also please suggest me whether I should send my new employment record with the end date of the job as CSE. My job in Quebec fetched me 46 points for Canadian experience.

Thanks in Advance

kksai

Star Member
Sep 23, 2013
>>So can I live in Quebec on the insurance benefits till I get a letter from CIC and then write to the visa officer as I neither have a job in Quebec anymore nor any family connections,

In express entry - you may not get the query on this .. they reject at times based on what u have submitted

Also if not CEC i.e for FSW - i dont know whether intent to move out of quebec is relevant .. i thot it is relevant for only CEC cases

Quebec_EE_FSW

Sep 9, 2015
kksai said:
>>So can I live in Quebec on the insurance benefits till I get a letter from CIC and then write to the visa officer as I neither have a job in Quebec anymore nor any family connections,

In express entry - you may not get the query on this .. they reject at times based on what u have submitted

Also if not CEC i.e for FSW - i dont know whether intent to move out of quebec is relevant .. i thot it is relevant for only CEC cases
Thanks KK for your response.

Yes, the Visa Officer could take a decision even without a query. In that case, I can't do much apart from moving out of Quebec and getting back into the pool with 462 points and wait for another ITA.

As the decision has not been taken yet by CIC in my case, I want to weigh the merits of the two options I have and send a CSE accordingly.

FSW Other requirements from CIC website quotes that one should plan to live outside of Quebec. A similar note is found under CEC requirements. I thought its the same rules for FSW or CEC.
My apologies as I couldn't post a link.