+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need suggestions for Canada PR: IELTS, Consultancy, PNP

Puja1993

Dec 1, 2017
Hi all,

Myself Varsha (26, Single) from Hyderabad. I will give a bit of background about myself so you all can understand my situation. I have started the process of Canadian PR in Jun 2017. I have completed WES (through a consultancy) and started preparing to get the magic score 8,7,7,7. I tried for almost 5 times, every time losing .5 in either writing/reading. My recent scores are L:8.5, R:8.5, W:6.5, S:8.0 and have applied for re-evaluation. My current CRS is 393, it is 432 with 7 in writing.

Now, my questions are:
1. I paid a lump sum amount of money to one of the consultancies and they didn't help me much in PNP/anything not even any information about it. What consultancy would you suggest? Or, can I do this on my own?
2. I have been trying to get a job in Canada (I have no visa) but in vain, I'm either loosing in the last rounds/there is no reply from them. How do I get a job?? My company doesn't operate there, so an on-site option is ruled out. I know it is tough but I just want a job badly at least to increase my CRS.
3. How frequent are the PNP openings?
4. Do you think 26 is an age for me to settle down? According to my plans, I should be in Canada by now but I'm here still struggling. I hear people talking that I should have married etc, but I want to get my career right and settle down. Sometimes, such talks get me and start to question everything :/

I feel completely lost. I badly want your opinions/suggestions.
Please, feel free to suggest anything else that helps me with the process.

Sorry, if the message is too long. Looking forward to your replies :)

Good day!!!

Last edited:

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Hi all,

Myself Varsha (26, Single) from Hyderabad. I will give a bit of background about myself so you all can understand my situation. I have started the process of Canadian PR in Jan 2018. I have completed WES (through a consultancy) and started preparing to get the magic score 8,7,7,7. I tried for almost 5 times, every time losing .5 in either writing/reading. My recent scores are L:8.5, R:8.5, W:6.5, S:8.0 and have applied for re-evaluation. My current CRS is 393, it is 432 with 7 in writing.

Now, my questions are:
1. I paid a lump sum amount of money to one of the consultancies and they didn't help me much in PNP/anything not even any information about it. What consultancy would you suggest? Or, can I do this on my own?
2. I have been trying to get a job in Canada (I have no visa) but in vain, I'm either loosing in the last rounds/there is no reply from them. How do I get a job?? My company doesn't operate there, so an on-site option is ruled out. I know it is tough but I just want a job badly at least to increase my CRS.
3. How frequent are the PNP openings?

I feel completely lost. I might know some answers to the above but I badly want your opinions/suggestions.
Please, feel free to suggest anything else that helps me with the process.

Sorry, if the message is too long. Looking forward for your replies :)

Good day!!!

1. You can most definitely do it on your own. There are hundreds (or thousands!) of people on this forum who did it without any consultants, including myself.

2. Getting a LMIA-required job from outside the country is very very difficult unless you have some very highly sought after skill. Personally, I would put that effort into understanding the process better instead of applying in vain. However, there's no harm in applying as long as you understand that your chances of getting a job are extremely low, and it doesn't get you stressed out/depressed.

3. PNP openings vary depending on the province.

You should go through the three pinned threads at the top here -> https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/forums/express-entry-expression-of-interest.54/

Also read -> https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry.html
and -> https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/provincial-nominees.html

The good news is, you're young and are in no danger of losing points for your age (that starts after you're 30, which is some time away for you). You should take a few months to become very familiar with the process and take things one step at a time. Ask specific questions in the Express Entry/PNP forums.

Good luck.

Reactions: Puja1993

Puja1993

Dec 1, 2017
1. You can most definitely do it on your own. There are hundreds (or thousands!) of people on this forum who did it without any consultants, including myself.

2. Getting a LMIA-required job from outside the country is very very difficult unless you have some very highly sought after skill. Personally, I would put that effort into understanding the process better instead of applying in vain. However, there's no harm in applying as long as you understand that your chances of getting a job are extremely low, and it doesn't get you stressed out/depressed.

3. PNP openings vary depending on the province.

You should go through the three pinned threads at the top here -> https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/forums/express-entry-expression-of-interest.54/

Also read -> https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry.html
and -> https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/provincial-nominees.html

The good news is, you're young and are in no danger of losing points for your age (that starts after you're 30, which is some time away for you). You should take a few months to become very familiar with the process and take things one step at a time. Ask specific questions in the Express Entry/PNP forums.

Good luck.

Thank you so much for the quick reply and the links :) I will get familiar with the process and try to do things on my own. Do we need an Immigration lawyer? (sorry, if the question is irrelevant)

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
No, you don't need a lawyer either. Lawyers are very important for complicated cases (family/divorce/custody of children issues, criminal records, immigration violations in the past.. things like that), but if you have a simple case and a clean background, you don't need a lawyer.

Puja1993

Dec 1, 2017
No, you don't need a lawyer either. Lawyers are very important for complicated cases (family/divorce/custody of children issues, criminal records, immigration violations in the past.. things like that), but if you have a simple case and a clean background, you don't need a lawyer.
Thank you :)

chaits

Jun 16, 2018
@21Goose is right. You have all the time in the world. Don't give up. I started my processing in 2012 and now i got my ppr in March-2019 hoping for a stamping soon and now i am 35.
As far as process is concerned you can do it on your own like many people in this forum. As for help here as there are many people who have bene in similar situation like you are in and they will help you out. Good luck.

Reactions: Puja1993