+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need suggestions/advice from seniors new to forum

Hearttech

Dec 26, 2013
Hell All,

While searching on immigration to Canada information, fortunately I hit this forum page and checked the FSW for 2013, which has 3k+ pages still going strong.......kudos to everyone.

After going through some pages at least 1k pages in last 20 days, I believe I have got bit of knowledge compared with the immigration consultants whom I had visited for advice and for filing application.

I am planning to apply for the FSW 2013, but the current occupation am working is not in the list but the one which I had worked long back that is a decade back for survival and to support family and my studies has come to my aid but am not sure bit confused, I am really looking for seniors advice and guidance.
I met at least 4 consultants in Bangalore, India but most of them were not clear which did not give ideas clear or solve my confusion.

After 12th due to financial problems I did diploma in X-ray and ECG technician course for two years.

Started working in a hospital and meanwhile with suggestion of the senior doctors in hospital took medical entrance and joined for a course in Indian systems of Medicine which is for five and half years (joined for degree in August 1999).

Meanwhile I worked in hospital during night shift as it was my bread and butter and supporting my studies, (meanwhile I got support from many people to complete my degree).

Completed internship on December 2005, got degree certificate and registration in the year Feb 2006.

After that I did not continue in earlier occupation which was based on my Diploma as I had better job prospects based on my degree.

I worked further on my degree and in 2008 I joined for Masters and completed in 2010, now working in the job based on my Masters.

The last duty performed was in the year 2004 to March 2005.

I would like to know whether I will be eligible to apply for FSW 2013 based on my prior decade old experience?

For WES : Bachelors and Masters degree transcripts, but what about Diploma in ECG technician course as it is equivalent to high school diploma in Canada as this will not fetch the required points.

I kindly request seniors to guide through this dilemma.
Any responses is appreciated.

Looking forward to hear,

Heart tech.

Canph

Star Member
Aug 4, 2013
Hearttech said:
Hell All,

While searching on immigration to Canada information, fortunately I hit this forum page and checked the FSW for 2013, which has 3k+ pages still going strong.......kudos to everyone.

After going through some pages at least 1k pages in last 20 days, I believe I have got bit of knowledge compared with the immigration consultants whom I had visited for advice and for filing application.

I am planning to apply for the FSW 2013, but the current occupation am working is not in the list but the one which I had worked long back that is a decade back for survival and to support family and my studies has come to my aid but am not sure bit confused, I am really looking for seniors advice and guidance.
I met at least 4 consultants in Bangalore, India but most of them were not clear which did not give ideas clear or solve my confusion.

After 12th due to financial problems I did diploma in X-ray and ECG technician course for two years.

Started working in a hospital and meanwhile with suggestion of the senior doctors in hospital took medical entrance and joined for a course in Indian systems of Medicine which is for five and half years (joined for degree in August 1999).

Meanwhile I worked in hospital during night shift as it was my bread and butter and supporting my studies, (meanwhile I got support from many people to complete my degree).

Completed internship on December 2005, got degree certificate and registration in the year Feb 2006.

After that I did not continue in earlier occupation which was based on my Diploma as I had better job prospects based on my degree.

I worked further on my degree and in 2008 I joined for Masters and completed in 2010, now working in the job based on my Masters.

The last duty performed was in the year 2004 to March 2005.

I would like to know whether I will be eligible to apply for FSW 2013 based on my prior decade old experience?

For WES : Bachelors and Masters degree transcripts, but what about Diploma in ECG technician course as it is equivalent to high school diploma in Canada as this will not fetch the required points.

I kindly request seniors to guide through this dilemma.
Any responses is appreciated.

Looking forward to hear,

Heart tech.
Hi Hearttech,

I think you should be eligible to apply under 3217 based on your experience.
As CIC has clearly mentioned that you should have one year of full time work experience in last ten years, so it makes you eligible.
Regarding WES am not expert.

Seniors must throw light in your case.