+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NEED SUGGESTION !!!!! REFUSED UNDER R216(1)(b)

vivek_p

Dec 8, 2021
My profile:

I have completed B.Tech mechanical engineering with a 7.23 CGPA in 2020.
12th : 48%
10th : 84%
IELTS score: L: 7 R: 6.5 W: 6 S: 6 O: 6.5

Applying for;

I am pursuing a postgraduate course ( practical element of mechanical engineering) at Fanshawe college on the London campus.
File lodge date: 14th September 2021
Biometric updated: 4 October
Medical updated: 16 Nov
Bvl and refusal: 16 November

Despite having relevant course and good education qualifications, I got refusal under this reason.

"Given the applicant's previous education and/or employment history, I am not satisfied that the motivation to pursue this particular program at this point in time in Canada is reasonable. refused under R216(1)(b)"

Any help would be appreciated !!!!!!!!!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My profile:

Applying for;

I am pursuing a postgraduate course ( practical element of mechanical engineering) at Fanshawe college on the London campus.

Despite having relevant course and good education qualifications, I got refusal under this reason.

"Given the applicant's previous education and/or employment history, I am not satisfied that the motivation to pursue this particular program at this point in time in Canada is reasonable. refused under R216(1)(b)"

You graduated in 2020 so what work experience do you have to show that the program expands on your current job or will give you more job opportunities (pay etc.). Why do you need to come to Canada for that course when you have a B.Eng. Order GCMS notes.

vivek_p

Dec 8, 2021
You graduated in 2020 so what work experience do you have to show that the program expands on your current job or will give you more job opportunities (pay etc.). Why do you need to come to Canada for that course when you have a B.Eng. Order GCMS notes.
My friend has also applied for the same course and college and we have the almost same profile. He also completed B.E mechanical in 2020 and received ppr.

I have ordered caips notes.

Thank you so much for the suggestion.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My friend has also applied for the same course and college and we have the almost same profile. He also completed B.E mechanical in 2020 and received ppr.

I have ordered caips notes.

Thank you so much for the suggestion.
You can’t compare your profiles to others. Wait for GCMS notes for full reasons.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Sure, I will wait for caips.

Are there any chances for rejection if I don't have a strong sop?
Refusals are not just based on a strong or weak SOP. Refusals are based on ties to country, job opportunities, funds, travel history, education progression etc.

terki

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2012
FLORIDA - MIAMI
LANDED..........
DUAL-CITIZEN - USA/CANADA
My profile:

Applying for;

Gone are the days of an actual assessment

IRCC now uses spreadsheet to pre-fill eligibility- There are atleast 21 + elements that play out initial Pre-assessment eligibility done by
LES [J.Lvl. officer] .... They are then keyed to bulk refusal tool - DM [CBO] either certifies the refusal [which is a formal refusal letter or
reverses and approves it]

There is not much info on your case here to make opinions.. The above details [you provided] alone won't suffice

Forms - profile - external facts etc... all play out

write to me direct if u need assistance,

cheers

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Sure, I will wait for caips.

Are there any chances for rejection if I don't have a strong sop?
Let me be blunt. The VO are not exactly methodical and they have their biases. Most of them have a gut feeling for whom they will allow or whom they will not and now a days they do it at a "industrial scale" using tools like Chinook -- basically they put ALL your profile in one single row in an excel sheet and make decision on 100s of applications in one go. (Read more here : https://vancouverimmigrationblog.com/tag/chinook/). To be very honest, I doubt they read all the nice stories you write in SOP.

And oh, did I mention, this system is assholic (yeah I invented this word) enough to autogenerate the refusal reasons and even GCMS notes (https://heronlaw.ca/a-closer-look-into-chinook-module-4-the-refusal-notes-generator-and-how-it-works/)?

In short, if you are in India then what really determines the result of your SP / WP / Visitor visa application is the that if VO had her share of IRCC Bong and weed on that day. Otherwise they go all ape and reject applications randomly. Its unfair but Cest'la'vie!

Sorry to be bearer of depressing news... To make it up to you, here are some cute singing girls :
, courtesy IRCC and Minister Faser!

Reactions: PR_aspirent

orwell46

Apr 29, 2020
Gone are the days of an actual assessment

IRCC now uses spreadsheet to pre-fill eligibility- There are atleast 21 + elements that play out initial Pre-assessment eligibility done by
LES [J.Lvl. officer] .... They are then keyed to bulk refusal tool - DM [CBO] either certifies the refusal [which is a formal refusal letter or
reverses and approves it]

There is not much info on your case here to make opinions.. The above details [you provided] alone won't suffice

Forms - profile - external facts etc... all play out

write to me direct if u need assistance,

cheers
What is the source of the pre assessment process that you have outlined above? Are you in any way associated with IRCC or any related Canadian authority?
Asking because this will only add more grist to the numerous speculations that people already make wrt the visa approval process

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
What is the source of the pre assessment process that you have outlined above? Are you in any way associated with IRCC or any related Canadian authority?
Asking because this will only add more grist to the numerous speculations that people already make wrt the visa approval process
Hello!

In Canada they have this utterly flawed but still somewhat useful process called as ATIP. People use it to find why goverment officials are having PMS on a particular day. So some bright folks (ie lawyers), use it and get insights into how the applications are processed. This lawyer over here (https://vancouverimmigrationblog.com/tag/chinook/) has documented these insights.

So yes, it is very real. It is very unfair. It is very Canadian.