+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need Suggestion !!! Pls help

allrounder

Jan 6, 2012
Hi Friends -

We are in USA now and will be settling in Calgary in the month of June . I have few q :

1) Which area shall I prefer for renting a 2 bedroom apartment (where I can find desi around)?

2) I was looking at the private schools as I am not sure of public schools will have any admission open for my 6 yr old kid ? Any suggestions on good school which will entertain the admission in the month of June ?

Guys really need suggestion ?? any other suggestion will also be helpful .

newcomer

Dec 3, 2007
Middle East
Hi,

Well in my view first you need to prioritize your preference as what is your preference

1)To live near desi community Or

2)To find a good school for your kid.

I am asking as if you just want to live ONLY near Desi community then obviously NE should be your first choice( and unfortunately there are no good schools in NE) but if you prefer a good school for your son then in my view you should go for NW and SW as all the good schools are concentrated in these two areas .

As far as accepting your son in june by any PUBLIC school is concerned as you will be a PR and are going to reside in one of the designated communities of your desired school ,your son will easily get admission during any part of the year.You MUST have your rental deal in your hand before applying to any school.

For finding a good apartment plz visit
www.rentfaster.ca

For getting information about public schools plz visit
Calgary board of Education website

For finding rankings for elemantry schools in Alberta plz visit
http://alberta.compareschoolrankings.org/elementary/SchoolsByRankLocationName.aspx

Hope it helps, plz feel free to ask any question in this regard.

allrounder

Jan 6, 2012
Thanks. Your answers are really helpful . I will like to reside in SW or NW .

Do you think private school can really help ? Or public school is also a good deal ..Pls suggest !!
Do you have any idea as to how hard it is to get a Recruiter job in Calgary ?

Thanks

newcomer

Dec 3, 2007
Middle East
allrounder said:
Thanks. Your answers are really helpful . I will like to reside in SW or NW .

Do you think private school can really help ? Or public school is also a good deal ..Pls suggest !!
Do you have any idea as to how hard it is to get a Recruiter job in Calgary ?

Thanks
Well allrounder private schools are a good option ,but as they are very expensive (atleast 10-15K/year) so most of the immigrants do not go for them .As far as Public schools are concerned they are equally good,especially if you carefully choose them keeping in view their rankings.Honestly my kids go to Public schools and I find them very good.

Sorry I dont have much idea about recruiter jobs but I think as Calgary is full of oil and gas industry jobs so all other industries/companies which provide services to oil and gas industry also have many jobs.In my view try searching recruiting firms for oil and gas industry ,and start applying to them.In addition as you have US experience ,this will also be an added advantage for you.I would also like to advise you to post your resume ,with an updated CANADIAN ADDRESS, to different websites such as monster.ca,workopolis.ca,indeed.ca etc etc and I hope this could be helpful for you to bring some interview calls.

Good Luck!