+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need suggestion on cheap and reliable mode of transport from Airport to Brampto

knowAndShare

Star Member
Nov 19, 2015
Hello, I will be landing in Toronto Pearson Airport a day after tomorrow i.e. on 8th Feb. I hope to get free from Airport formalities by 06:00 in the evening. I have checked online the cheapest taxi fare from Airport to my location in Bramption is around 50 dollar. Is there a cheap and better option that this like metro/subway, bus. Please suggest keeping in mind the ease of using them as it will be my first time out of India and will be first time in Canada.

thinkshady

Jun 26, 2016
NOC Code......
knowAndShare said:
Hello, I will be landing in Toronto Pearson Airport a day after tomorrow i.e. on 8th Feb. I hope to get free from Airport formalities by 06:00 in the evening. I have checked online the cheapest taxi fare from Airport to my location in Bramption is around 50 dollar. Is there a cheap and better option that this like metro/subway, bus. Please suggest keeping in mind the ease of using them as it will be my first time out of India and will be first time in Canada.
Check this link for more information. You can take Go transit from airport to Brampton, it will be easy go.

https://www.torontopearson.com/en/toandfrom/public/#

g126

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2016
Sao Paulo
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
18-02-2017
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2017
LANDED..........
09-10-2017
knowAndShare said:
I realise $50 may be a lot for a taxi, but bear in mind that using public transport such as Bus or Subway with a lot of luggage is not very viable. I'd only recommend a bus or metro if you have one suitcase and one hand bag.

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
knowAndShare said:
All the best on your first international trip.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
g126 said:
I realise $50 may be a lot for a taxi, but bear in mind that using public transport such as Bus or Subway with a lot of luggage is not very viable. I'd only recommend a bus or metro if you have one suitcase and one hand bag.
I agree with this also you will be coming in winter even though its not too cold this year it will be difficult for u unless ur from colder parts of india.

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Take a licensed and prepaid cab so that you are not taken for a ride. When you convert INR to CAD, it will be very expensive. I would suggest taking a cab as it will be cold, you will have luggage and will be tired and jet lagged after the long flight. Another option is if you have energy and an international driving license and are comfortable with the right hand drive, you could rent a car at the airport and drive to wherever you want to go. You can drop off the car at another location. There are several companies like Budget, Hertz, AA, Avis

garyastudent

Sep 3, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Keeping in mind a lot of things i.e. your first time in Canada, Cold Weather, and the Luggage's you will be carrying, I would say paying $50 for the Cab is the best option that you have.

Try Uber if you want, but I doubt it will be cheaper, as at the Airport they only have uber Select which can be expensive, so going for the Cab is better (I have never seen the Prepaid Cab's but there will be Cabs as soon as you step outside the Airport) standing a line, also someone from teh airport authority will be there as well.

forget about driving as you have to take Hwy 401 or Hwy 410 to get to Brampton, So it is not a viable option for you and driving on the hwy until and unless you have some experience is not advisable.

Congratulations and best of luck for the new journey.....

Tmys

Star Member
Nov 22, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
19-01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-02-2017
Passport Req..
29-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
24-04-2017
LANDED..........
24-04-2017
Please do yourself a favour and take a cab to your address. When you are travelling abroad for the first time it can get a bit complicated to travel in public transport. The bus or metro may not drop you close to your final location and you may need to switch between methods. You may need to wait for the next bus outside in the cold which could make you sick if you are not used to it!

In the end you might save 25-30 dollars at the expense of your personal comfort. Skip a few coffee/teas and you'll make it back. :)

mzgblx

Star Member
Jan 26, 2017
knowAndShare said:
I checked and to "brampton" (no specific address) there is a bus, bus no. 115 that will take you there. It will be $3.75. You will need to walk for 8 min from the airport terminal though. Try to look it up on Google Maps. After the bus, you could take an Uber if there are no buses to your specific destination. That probably will make your trip around $15 instead of 50. Just a rough estimate. Theres also bus no. 40 in airport, but you will need to get off this bus and take no.46 is as well. Again, Neither will probably take you to your destination but much closer at least than the airport. I beleive they will all take you to the Bramelea GO station which is a small transit hub. Then uber from there! Good luck. It is cold, but not a lot of snow on the ground at least.

garyastudent

Sep 3, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mzgblx said:
I checked and to "brampton" (no specific address) there is a bus, bus no. 115 that will take you there. It will be $3.75. You will need to walk for 8 min from the airport terminal though. Try to look it up on Google Maps. After the bus, you could take an Uber if there are no buses to your specific destination. That probably will make your trip around $15 instead of 50. Just a rough estimate. Theres also bus no. 40 in airport, but you will need to get off this bus and take no.46 is as well. Again, Neither will probably take you to your destination but much closer at least than the airport. I beleive they will all take you to the Bramelea GO station which is a small transit hub. Then uber from there! Good luck. It is cold, but not a lot of snow on the ground at least.
Buddy, I am not really sure how comfortable the OP will be using google maps in Canada, because it will have directions as eastbound, westbound and all, wherein back in India people use the directions as go straight then take a u turn (something like that) :p

And changing multiple buses is not advisable, Please check the weather for 8th (will be -7 with feel like and the wind in the Airport Area will be killing for him) it is not good for the OP to be outside waiting for bus, as he is coming here for the first time and not use to weather.

Buddy I am from Delhi, India and can tell you that standing out there with no winter gears can be bad, specially when you are new and not habitual of the weather.

Take the cab, it's not as if you are paying millions, its only INR 2500.00 (CAD $50.00) it can not be more then your health.

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
The OP's data may not work to depend on Google maps unless he is carrying GPS.

omar_ahmed21

Nov 22, 2016
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
knowAndShare said:
UBER

mzgblx

Star Member
Jan 26, 2017
xpressentry said:
The OP's data may not work to depend on Google maps unless he is carrying GPS.
True, you can download the map for offline usage but it wont help with buses. I think the best option is cab but if you dont have the money then you dont have the money. I think the transit is fairly straighforward as Canadians are very helpful and you can ask strangers or the bus driver, if you forgot to look up some information. As other poster said though if you dont have the correct clothing (its freezing weather) take the cab!! Technically, Uber is not supposed to pick people up from the airport.

knowAndShare

Star Member
Nov 19, 2015
Thank you guys! You all have been really helpful with your suggestions. I am also inclined to go with taxi prepaid option now, so I am booking one now. One more question-
The taxi I am booking is of flat rate and says that it includes all taxes, so do I need to tip the driver out of this fare and if yes, how much?

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Tipping is customary. I would tip about 10% for regular service and 15% for exceptional service. I would tip differently in restaurants or spas.