+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need suggestion on asylum

Marufa Ahmed

Aug 13, 2018
My brother is from Bangladesh and has Canadian Tourist Visa. For last one and a half year he is under pressure of a businessman and local politicians. They took possession on his lands illegally. My brother can't go to local police station. He already did case in local court against land possession. Then they did some false police case against him and threatened his life. So he again did case against them on court. Recently my brother was shot gunfire by them on his way back home. But luckily gunfire hit his arm and he's out of danger. Can he go to Canada and claim asylum? He's totally under life risk.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Unfortunately, that sounds more like a criminal case, rather than persecution. Personally, I doubt his reasons for a claim would stand up to review.

Has he considered applying to immigrate?

Marufa Ahmed

Aug 13, 2018
He has his family of 3 children and wife. He is worried of his family too. Now the thing is going worst. He is hiding for them but how long? That's why I suggested him to go to Canada.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
He has his family of 3 children and wife. He is worried of his family too. Now the thing is going worst. He is hiding for them but how long? That's why I suggested him to go to Canada.
Do they all have approved TRVs or just him?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Nobody can say whether they have grounds for asylum. He would need to anticipate spending 4-5 years without the rest of his family given the current processing times if he gets approved.

Marufa Ahmed

Aug 13, 2018
Nobody can say whether they have grounds for asylum. He would need to anticipate spending 4-5 years without the rest of his family given the current processing times if he gets approved.
Isn't he eligible for protection in Canada? Should I suggest him to go to Canada with his youngest child? Youngest child is 5 years old.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Isn't he eligible for protection in Canada? Should I suggest him to go to Canada with his youngest child? Youngest child is 5 years old.
I can't say. Business issues are often not grounds for asylum but each case is different. We have only read a small part of the story. You may want to consider getting an opinion from a good lawyer who will tell you the truth. Some lawyers will take any case for money. Yes he can take his youngest child. It may create some difficulties because childcare is very expensive and he will need to work I assume.

Marufa Ahmed

Aug 13, 2018
I can't say. Business issues are often not grounds for asylum but each case is different. We have only read a small part of the story. You may want to consider getting an opinion from a good lawyer who will tell you the truth. Some lawyers will take any case for money. Yes he can take his youngest child. It may create some difficulties because childcare is very expensive and he will need to work I assume.
This is no more business issue. It has become ego issue. And his life is on risk every moment. Because they already shot gunfire on him for killing purpose. The political situation is like none can't go against power. Police is in their pocket. He couldn't even take proper treatment in any hospital. Because being gunshot is a police case.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Nobody can predict whether he will get approval or not. filing for asylum is something he and his family will have to decide. Has he tried relocating to another area? His wife and other children will have to figure out how they can live apart for so long. I wish them the best of luck it is a long and difficult process.

Marufa Ahmed

Aug 13, 2018
My brother's wife is pushing him to flew to Canada atleast to save his and youngest child's life. But my brother is confused to leave them. They are very powerful and it's their ego that my brother claimed case against them in local court.