+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need suggestion of job ref letter with title change

jillrulesall

Oct 25, 2020
Hello everyone!

I am going with NOC 2173 - Software engineers and designers. In one of my past working experiences, I started as software engineer for a year, then change my title to Business Analyst in the same project, while still making integration plans, making technical decisions, debugging between systems, so I still fit in the duty of NOC 2173.
However when I resigned, my resign letter says 'Software Engineer', but right now in the company's internal system my title is 'Business Analyst'.
My boss allows me to address however better explains my job duties. So I have two options:
A: Having both titles. However my concern is the title 'Business Analyst' seems not align well with NOC 2173, tho my duties are fit. Also my resign letter does not have this title, tho I can choose to not submitting it.
B: Having only Software Engineer title. Then the ref letter, resign letter and job code will match perfectly. However the concern is in the company's internal system I am showing as Business Analyst. If the background check reaches to my boss or HR who knows me, it will be fine. If it reaches to some random employee of the company there's no guarantee about my title.

Could anyone please suggest me what to do?

Thanks