+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need some suggestion URGENT - Adding spouse after getting CoPR/Visa

aryan_tarim

Dec 7, 2010
Hi
I need some suggestion from you guys - I got married after i recieved CoPR (not landed yet) and I have sent email to CPC-O before my marriage but have not received the auto-reply. It is been more than a month I have not heard back from them yet.
I have faxed them the email and related documents still no response from them.

Can you guys suggest what to do now?

Thanks in advance

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
aryan_tarim said:
Hi
I need some suggestion from you guys - I got married after i recieved CoPR (not landed yet) and I have sent email to CPC-O before my marriage but have not received the auto-reply. It is been more than a month I have not heard back from them yet.

Thanks in advance
Keep trying to contact them. Do NOT attempt to land as a single applicant. There are serious repercussions if you do.

N_Rockstar2014

Star Member
Mar 10, 2014
Call to the general inquiry number and let them know

Email to cpc-ctd-ottawa @ cic.gc.ca
They generally takes 3-4 days to reply. Try again.

*** Don't land as a single applicant

aryan_tarim said:
Hi

Thanks in advance

aryan_tarim

Dec 7, 2010
N_Rockstar2014 said:
Call to the general inquiry number and let them know

Email to cpc-ctd-ottawa @ cic.gc.ca
They generally takes 3-4 days to reply. Try again.

*** Don't land as a single applicant
You mean call CIC call center??

I have sent them email couple of times on cpc-ctd-ottawa @ cic.gc.ca but did not received any auto reply or any response from them yet.

aryan_tarim

Dec 7, 2010
Hey Guys ..
I emailed them also sent FAX. but no reply from them yet. its been more than 6 weeks.
I haven't received any auto-reply also.

anyone has any suggestion???

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I wouldn't wait for a reply. I would go ahead and do what you need to do in order to add your spouse to your application. As others have said, you cannot land on the CORP you have now.

Update any forms that you originally submitted to add your wife to the application. Also collect any supporting documentation required (e.g. a copy of your wife's passport, birth certificate, etc.). Send all of this information in a package to your VO along with your CORP. Include a letter that explains you have gotten married and need to add your wife to the file.

clinchy

Apr 22, 2016
Hello,

Does anyone knows how long does it take to add fiancce as common law partner on visa application after COPR and before landing ??

My visa expires in AUG this year, I returned COPR, passport together with fiancee docs to be added in March and begining of April the medicals have been done so middle of April medical checks have been sent to them. I will have the wedding in June this year. How the things will happen ? I will be issued same validity visa - AUG 2016 and another COPR when ? before wedding in June ( since my fiancee is processed like common law partner ) or soon as I send them the marriage certificate but in this case it will be too short until visa validity - AUG... When my fiancee received the form to perform medical checks, end of March, I suppose the VO could have done the same for me, informing that they can t process maybe the application in the time window till bisa expire and sent me the form for the medical checks as well. But since that didn t happen, will I get the visa until June or very close to expire ( in July maybe.. )

Who added his common law partner or wife and how long it took to be reissued the visa and COPR after were sent back to VO.

Thanks in advance.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
clinchy said:
Hello,

Does anyone knows how long does it take to add fiancce as common law partner on visa application after COPR and before landing ??

My visa expires in AUG this year, I returned COPR, passport together with fiancee docs to be added in March and begining of April the medicals have been done so middle of April medical checks have been sent to them. I will have the wedding in June this year. How the things will happen ? I will be issued same validity visa - AUG 2016 and another COPR when ? before wedding in June ( since my fiancee is processed like common law partner ) or soon as I send them the marriage certificate but in this case it will be too short until visa validity - AUG... When my fiancee received the form to perform medical checks, end of March, I suppose the VO could have done the same for me, informing that they can t process maybe the application in the time window till bisa expire and sent me the form for the medical checks as well. But since that didn t happen, will I get the visa until June or very close to expire ( in July maybe.. )

Who added his common law partner or wife and how long it took to be reissued the visa and COPR after were sent back to VO.

Thanks in advance.
I assume you have lived with your fiancee for at least one year continuously?

clinchy

Apr 22, 2016
Hey scylla,

Yes of course, she is added like common law partner. At this point I don't know how will it end and when ? Will the Embassy issue me the visa before end of June when we will have the wedding or they will wait for me to provide them the marriage certificate end of June ( still she is examined - medicals sent to them 2 weeks ago, and added like common law ) and in July to provide me the visa very short before expiring - AUG or they will tell me to repeat the medicals but I am asking, they could have done this when they sent the medical forms for my fiancee end of March, to have been sent for me as well to repeat them. But it was just her who performed the medicals... So I don't know how will it end and when..

Maybe someone was in this situation...

Thank you.