+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need some help on matching NOC code, for intern position obtained after graduating University.

yac77

Sep 21, 2019
Hi Everyone,

I did a one year paid internship full-time (36.25 hours per week) in Toronto after graduating from a Canadian university. I hope to use this experience to contribute to my CSR score, so i could have two years of Canadain work experience.

Below are the job description, the job title is Internship:

---------------
Position Summary

Performs entry level professional duties to provide the intern with an opportunity for professional training throughout areas of xxx. Performs assigned duties to acquire knowledge of methods, procedures and standards required for successful performance. Provides assistance and support to staff in a variety of areas. Performs duties such as gathering and organizing data to provide information for departmental projects, reports, and meetings.

Key Responsibilities

Participates and assists in creating grants, contracts and agreements.

Synthesizes information to analyze issues relevant to the development and implementation of new projects.

Monitors legislation relevant to xxx's activities being considered and passed at all levels of government, and compiles information on a weekly basis for senior staff.

Assists in the development, launch and ongoing maintenance of stakeholder contact management system. Develops spreadsheets, forms, and databases to input, track, store and retrieve data.

Create queries from data sources.
Compiles and verifies facts, statistics, and other information.

Collaborates with subject matter experts to collect and document information relating to ongoing projects and department incentives. Analyzes data and contributes to the content, design, production and distribution of reports.

Provides administrative support to a variety of areas.
Prepares, collates, copies, and distributes meeting materials and assits with facilitating meetings.

Ensures accurate and timely corporate responses to inquiries and requests that are specific in nature and require a thorough knowledge of established policies and procedures.

Contacts other departments and outside agencies by phone or email to request or provide information.

Maintains and updates electronic and hardcopy filing systems and provides record management services such as classifying, coding, indexing, cross-referencing, filing, retrieving, archiving and disposing of sensitive data.

------------------
Which of the two NOC code would match better with this JD above? or if you have any better suggestion, please let me know.

http://noc.esdc.gc.ca/English/noc/Profile.aspx?val=2&val1=2172&ver=16

http://noc.esdc.gc.ca/English/noc/ProfileQuickSearch.aspx?val=1&val1=1241&ver=16&val65=admin

Thank you very much for any advice or help!

Last edited:

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Definitely not 2172 - that's a software engineering NOC, for specialized database (SQL, Oracle, etc) admins and developers.

1241 is a better fit.

yac77

Sep 21, 2019
Definitely not 2172 - that's a software engineering NOC, for specialized database (SQL, Oracle, etc) admins and developers.

1241 is a better fit.
Thank you! Do you have any suggestion on the NOC code other than 1241?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi Everyone,

I did a one year paid internship full-time (36.25 hours per week) in Toronto after graduating from a Canadian university. I hope to use this experience to contribute to my CSR score, so i could have two years of Canadain work experience.

Below are the job description, the job title is Internship:

---------------
Position Summary

Performs entry level professional duties to provide the intern with an opportunity for professional training throughout areas of xxx. Performs assigned duties to acquire knowledge of methods, procedures and standards required for successful performance. Provides assistance and support to staff in a variety of areas. Performs duties such as gathering and organizing data to provide information for departmental projects, reports, and meetings.

Key Responsibilities

Participates and assists in creating grants, contracts and agreements.

Synthesizes information to analyze issues relevant to the development and implementation of new projects.

Monitors legislation relevant to xxx's activities being considered and passed at all levels of government, and compiles information on a weekly basis for senior staff.

Assists in the development, launch and ongoing maintenance of stakeholder contact management system. Develops spreadsheets, forms, and databases to input, track, store and retrieve data.

Create queries from data sources.
Compiles and verifies facts, statistics, and other information.

Collaborates with subject matter experts to collect and document information relating to ongoing projects and department incentives. Analyzes data and contributes to the content, design, production and distribution of reports.

Provides administrative support to a variety of areas.
Prepares, collates, copies, and distributes meeting materials and assits with facilitating meetings.

Ensures accurate and timely corporate responses to inquiries and requests that are specific in nature and require a thorough knowledge of established policies and procedures.

Contacts other departments and outside agencies by phone or email to request or provide information.

Maintains and updates electronic and hardcopy filing systems and provides record management services such as classifying, coding, indexing, cross-referencing, filing, retrieving, archiving and disposing of sensitive data.

------------------
Which of the two NOC code would match better with this JD above? or if you have any better suggestion, please let me know.

http://noc.esdc.gc.ca/English/noc/Profile.aspx?val=2&val1=2172&ver=16

http://noc.esdc.gc.ca/English/noc/ProfileQuickSearch.aspx?val=1&val1=1241&ver=16&val65=admin

Thank you very much for any advice or help!
You don´t have to name your employer, but it would help to know the *type* of employer and what sector you work in. Context often makes a big difference in the NOCs...

yac77

Sep 21, 2019
You don´t have to name your employer, but it would help to know the *type* of employer and what sector you work in. Context often makes a big difference in the NOCs...
Hi Thanks for the advice!
I was working in the public sector, the transportation industry, as an intern in Finance Operations.
The JD the company provided is listed above.

Do you think 1241 is a good fit? or I should choose something else.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi Thanks for the advice!
I was working in the public sector, the transportation industry, as an intern in Finance Operations.
The JD the company provided is listed above.

Do you think 1241 is a good fit? or I should choose something else.
I couldn´t find a better NOC, and 1241 is a reasonably good fit.

Sen88

Star Member
Sep 16, 2019
Thanks!
I hope this would work out! My job title is Intern, but I had a full-time job (over 36h per week) and worked for one year.
How about full time paid internship of 1 year in between of undergraduate program? My NOC accepts a college program.

I did my 2 years diploma and then joined for Bachelors program. During bachelors, I had 1 year full time paid internship. Am I able to count this experience towards FSW or PNP?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
How about full time paid internship of 1 year in between of undergraduate program? My NOC accepts a college program.

I did my 2 years diploma and then joined for Bachelors program. During bachelors, I had 1 year full time paid internship. Am I able to count this experience towards FSW or PNP?

If you did your internship while on a Study Permit, it does not count.

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......

You cannot because you were on a study permit. (during your bachelors)
Any Canadian work experience while on a study permit cannot be counted as experience for anything.