+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need some help got a few questions

dee999

Apr 21, 2009
I live in the US and my husband lives in British columbia. We already have filed sponsorship and its been approved and then sent to buffalo. I got an acknowledgement letter from them and a file number. My question is Can i go ahead and go up tthere with him just get a round trip ticket but not return while awaiting the ending of the PR application ? if so what is the process after just going to a immigartion office???? once it is finalized? Also does anyone else from US to canada in the same SPonsorship class have any stories of how fast it took for them or how the process was???

thank u

mais87

Dec 30, 2008
[/move]Check trackitt.com for timelines...Sorry I am not in your shoes so I don't know much about this kind of situation![/move]

mitamata

Nov 21, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2009
AOR Received.
27-03-2009
Med's Done....
03-12-2008
Passport Req..
29-04-2009
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2009
LANDED..........
27-07-2009
If you go to the US, there is a chance that they will not let you in the country because there's reason to believe you're not intending to leave once the 6 months are up. But if you can get past that and convince them you are going back (return plane ticket, statement from employer you're still employed in the US, a rent agreement in the US...) , yes you can go to Canada.

When your application is finalized, you will need to send your passport to Buffalo. They will put your visa in it and send you some other papers. With that, you then go to the border and "land", thus becoming a permanent resident.

dee999

Apr 21, 2009
we are getting return tickets of course. DO we have to go to a border or can we go to an immigration office there is one in vancouver airport?

thanks for the information! Its very helpful :)