+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need some help.about LMIA based work permit. My wife is holding the spouse open work permit, but now we want to convert to LMIA based work permit

cheelix

Jan 31, 2023
Need some help.about LMIA based work permit. My wife is holding the spouse open work permit, but now we want to convert to LMIA based work permit,
So what is the procedure. I know by the first need the boss to apply the LMIA, so, what is the next step, how do we convert the work permit from spouse open work permit to LMIA based work permit.

ragolliangatan

Jun 1, 2021
the employer needs to get a LMIA approval and then you apply for a new closed work permit based on the LMIA. There is no simple convert from one work permit to another- it's always the case that a new work permit is obtained

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Need some help.about LMIA based work permit. My wife is holding the spouse open work permit, but now we want to convert to LMIA based work permit,
So what is the procedure. I know by the first need the boss to apply the LMIA, so, what is the next step, how do we convert the work permit from spouse open work permit to LMIA based work permit.
Once the employer has an approved LMIA, your wife applies for a closed work permit. Has the employer paid the $1k and applied. The employer has to prove no Canadian or PR could be hired and fill out all the paperwork.

cheelix

Jan 31, 2023
Once the employer has an approved LMIA, your wife applies for a closed work permit. Has the employer paid the $1k and applied. The employer has to prove no Canadian or PR could be hired and fill out all the paperwork.
yeah, I know that ,just do not know how to apply close work permit, on the website of IRCC?

balwinder_kaur

Star Member
May 2, 2018
My husband applied for an LMIA-based work permit and my open work permit is expiring soon.
Can I apply for a dependent spouse open work permit extension?