+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need some genuine advice

spudwick9

Oct 9, 2020
Hello everyone, hope everyone is safe,
I would like to know what are my chances of getting admission in software related programs in colleges in toronto after PR.
I am 2011 passout in Computer Science Engineering.
Please I would like to have some genuine advice on this, so I can start preparing beforehand.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
If you have PR, you just apply to programs. Don’t know your chances because I don’t know your background. For colleges, if you have a degree then you most likely will get in to a program.

spudwick9

Oct 9, 2020
If you have PR, you just apply to programs. Don’t know your chances because I don’t know your background. For colleges, if you have a degree then you most likely will get in to a program.
Thanks for the reply.
Yes I have a bachleor's degree of 4 years (Computer Science Enggineering), evaluated already by WES, me n my spouse will be getting PR by early next year hopefully. We will be going ontario only, but my main doubt is that I am 2011 passout and I don't have any proper work experience in my field, I have little work experience in BPO sector. So, Will I be accepted into colleges into software domain courses ?!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks for the reply.
Yes I have a bachleor's degree of 4 years (Computer Science Enggineering), evaluated already by WES, me n my spouse will be getting PR by early next year hopefully. We will be going ontario only, but my main doubt is that I am 2011 passout and I don't have any proper work experience in my field, I have little work experience in BPO sector. So, Will I be accepted into colleges into software domain courses ?!
The only way to know is to contact colleges and talk to their admissions staff. Most colleges will take work experience as a form of education.

Reactions: spudwick9

spudwick9

Oct 9, 2020
The only way to know is to contact colleges and talk to their admissions staff. Most colleges will take work experience as a form of education.
Ok, let's say if I get admission and complete the post graduate diploma + learning the skills, with some live projects, what will be my job chances since my previous work experience will be in different field ?
I am very much confused about investing that much tution fees and if not landing a job, because already the job market is not that good in canada even in IT there is so much competition.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Again the job market changes and you are trying to forecast a few years from now. You need to do some research on the Canadian job market. Look at current jobs listing to see. Research skills analysis on Job Bank.

Reactions: spudwick9