+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need Some Advise : Canadian PR plan to Marry Irish Citizen

vinem

Feb 15, 2014
Hello Friends,

I would like to brief my situation here to get some valid suggestions.

I am a Canadian PR planning to get married to an Irish Citizen. I cannot file her application in "spousal PR" as I am in a 5 Year sponsorship ban as per the new rule. (btw my first marriage wasn't successful and got divorced after 4 years.)

I am planning to take her in Canada on a visit visa/ tourist visa and get married . If I marry her here in Canada, can I apply for a temporary work permit so that she can work?
As I am getting married in Canada, will it help me while renewing her visit visa after 6 months ? ( max 6 months visit visa for Irish)
I don't have any bad intentions here , but to be together till I am eligible to apply for spousal visa, which is in June 2015.

How can I keep her with me till I apply for spousal visa in June 2015??

How can i tackle these situations? Please help.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You don't qualify for a work permit since you are a PR. So obtaining a temporary work permit isn't possible for you.

If she wants to work, she will have to find an employer who is willing to offer her a full time job. That employer will then have to obtain an approved Labour Market Opinion - then she will be able to apply for a closed work permit.

Once she's in Canada, she can apply to extend her visit towards the end of her six month visit to ask for a longer stay.