+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

need some advice to obtain a Student visa for ESL program in toronto, Ontario

rezwanahmed

Jun 24, 2015
Hi there

I am a Bangladeshi currently living in Mauritius and trying to obtain a Student permit in Toronto.
Ive taken admission in Canada college of Education Toronto (ccet) for ESL program from next September session for 48 weeks and its a Designated learning institution also registered in the list of CIC.
My tuition fees is about 6500CAD I've deposited about 1200CAD of my fee in advance.
shown 160000USD valuation of assets notarized back in my country with an affidavit declaration of my father as my financial guarantor, Bank solvency of fixed deposit of my own account about 27000USD notarized as my tuition and living expense for 1 year, My aunt is a citizen of Canada residing in Toronto she also issued an affidavit declaring that she would undertake all my expenses including food, accommodation etc from Canada including her passport and ID copy and tax return copy notarized, my police clearance certificate and birth certificate both notarized.All my academic certified certificate.

Ive prepared all these supporting documents for applying. Now i need suggestions what more should i add to make my application more strong so that i get the permit for sure? what are the chances of obtaining student permit in ESL program for 1 year? please note that I am mature student and have completed GCSE O level and half done A level now doing ABE business management. please help me out with advice, i want to omit all chances of rufusal..hope to hear from you guys soon.

SufyanJawed

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/05/2015
File Transfer...
20/05/2015
Med's Request
waiting
Passport Req..
Submitted with application
You must satisfy the visa officer that you will return back to your country when the course is completed. This falls under proof of ties to Home country. You can show, property under your name, family, job offer letter for when you return, business in your name etc. I dont know if IELTS is required for students applying from bangladesh.

rezwanahmed

Jun 24, 2015
ESL program doest not require IELTS cuz its English as second language program...thank you for ur advice, guys please help me ive about all my supporting document iam sending please suggest are those enough?

dental15

Oct 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It depends on your education background and nationality.
If you have never received English education, and you are not able to speak in English.
You can study ESL without study permit for 6 months. However, if you want to study more than 6 months, you need a study permit.
Good luck.

rezwanahmed

Jun 24, 2015
thank you for your advice. My education background is O level GCSE under edexel UK, and I am a citizen of Bangladesh, which is a non-English speaking country in general.
I have good writing skill but my speaking and communication skills are poor so i thought of joining ESL first, now I am worried if VO considers my background and doubts about my intention, so what should i do? please help me out and can u please kindly check my documents um providing..are those enough to prove my financial condition and my ties with my homeland?

dental15

Oct 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I checked ur country. There are some English education as a second langauge. I dont think that you can get a study permit for ESL

Take for example, Japanese students can study ESL, because nobody dont speak in English in Japan. Even teachers.

In this case, they can get a study permit for ESL very easily.

So, you are better to look for higher education instead like master degree.

rezwanahmed

Jun 24, 2015
Thank you for ur advice, i have already taken admission and deposited advance tuition fee, I am currently not living in Bangladesh,
now please suggest me what can i do for getting permit, i want to improve my skill for further studies that is my intention.

dental15

Oct 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rezwanahmed said:
Thank you for ur advice, i have already taken admission and deposited advance tuition fee, I am currently not living in Bangladesh,
now please suggest me what can i do for getting permit, i want to improve my skill for further studies that is my intention.
In this case, nothing you can do. Because you are not in Bangladesh. Your intention is so unclear. If it is not first time to travel, the immigration officer wont see that you have a strong tie with your home country. That's big issue.

rezwanahmed

Jun 24, 2015
I've shown 160000USD valuation of assets notarized back in my country with an affidavit declaration of my father isn't that enough to prove my ties? What more do u suggest?please help!