+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need some advice between choices please??

staccato

Feb 27, 2014
Hey guys,

I am a Kiwi (New Zealander) & reside in Australia. My fiance is Canadian and resides over there. We are planning on getting married in Canada soon and I want to know which of these two options would work out to our advantage:

A) I leave here on a visitors visa (valid for 6 months) ---> Get married in Canada ---> Get her to sponsor me as her spouse for a PR.

- I know I can't work on a visitors visa but would I have to leave the country b4 my visitors visa expired or would I receive a temporary PR/work permit that would legally keep me in the country?

B) I leave here on a working holiday visa (for 1 year I believe) ---> Get married in Canada ---> Get her to sponsor me as her spouse for a PR.

- If I go this route at least I am able to work during that time till we get the temporary PR/work permit granted right?

--------------------------------------------------

Would either of these work out and if yes which one would be the better option?

Do I need to show a return ticket on a Working holiday visa or a visitors visa?

Please help me anyone!!

Thanks in advance :)
S

Another crazy question that arises is I need to show a

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
I would definitely do B) if it's possible. You would have status here for as long as the working holiday is valid for (so I guess 1 year), and would be able to work and earn money. If you are just here with a visitor status, you can't work unless you go through the whole LMO process which is incredibly difficult to do.

If you come under working holiday, I don't think you need to show a return ticket (however not 100% sure).

If you come as a visitor, then yes you should indeed have a return ticket dated for at most 6 months later. Coming as visitor, you can tell the immigration officer you will be getting married if they ask, but need to also convince them you will leave after your visitor status expires. For a visa-exempt applicant, it's also usually pretty easy to extend your visitor status another 6 or 12 months if you apply just before the current visitor status expires.

You then just need to decide if applying inland or outland is better in your case. Since the Sydney office is very quick and you are visa-exempt, I would highly recommend outland.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Definitely B because you will be able to work.

If you do A, there is no temporary work permit for you just because you are a spouse unless you apply inland and even then only after 8 months.

On a working holiday, I doubt you will be asked for a return ticket because many airlines wont even let you book a year in advance.