+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need some advice before sending my application

Apr 30, 2015
We are applying for spousal sponsorship!

I'm a Swedish citizen.
My girlfriend is Canadian.
We have been together for 2.5 years.
We met at a school in Italy.
I've been living in Italy for the last 3 years and before that I lived in Sweden, she in Canada.
We lived together for 19 months in the same apartment.

We don't have a co-signed apartment contract however we asked our landlady to write us a letter confirming that we lived there together.
We originally asked our landlady to write a letter confirming that we lived together in her apartment until June 30th 2015.
I then got a job offer in Norway and moved out the 3rd of April instead.
We still have the apartment in Italy until the 30th of June, and my girlfriend is still living there.
Should we ask the landlady to change the date from 30th of June to 4th of April instead?
Or does it matter at all?

I already got my PCC from Italy on the 3rd of April. And I moved away form Italy on the 4th, the next day.
Is this going to be valid?
Also considering the "Letter" says I have an apartment in Italy until 30th of June.
Because I read at CIC "For countries where you have lived for six months or more, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you lived in that country."
If I "lived" there until 30th of June I would think it's not valid because I got it before moving.
But if I moved out on the 4th (which I did) it's probably valid.

Am I considered a resident of Italy, Norway or Sweden?
Italy, because my apartment contract says so.
Norway, because this is where I live currently, but only for 5 months.
Sweden, because I'm a Swedish citizen and I'm registered there.

Seems like a stupid question I know.
I want to send the application soon. So I would be sending it from Norway.

Also is it a problem that I moved to Norway now for work, while she stayed there? We will be away from each other for about 4 months.
I will visit her in Italy, but we will not live together during this time.
After she finishes her work in Italy in the end of July she will come and stay with me in Norway.
Before this we did live together for 19 months. Actually another 5 months before that (total of 24 months), but I don't have a contract on that.

Do we need to send a sponsorship approval application first?
I'm afraid that my PCC wont be valid if I wait for that.
So can I just send my PCC and everything at once?

If anyone spent the time reading all of this, just so you know, I appreciate you a lot!

innosense

Feb 13, 2014
Toronto / Chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-Aug-2014
File Transfer...
IP: 7-Apr-2015
Passport Req..
DM: 30-May-2015
LANDED..........
10-Jun-2015
I can tell you few things

You have to send everything together at same time 1. Sponsorship Forms 2. Immigration forms 3. Country specific forms and all of your relationship proof.

Your PCC should be received by CIC before July 3.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
SwedishCitizen said:
Should we ask the landlady to change the date from 30th of June to 4th of April instead? Or does it matter at all?
I would definitely ask for a new letter with the correct date. This letter is essentially taking the place of a lease and should be completely correct.

SwedishCitizen said:
I already got my PCC from Italy on the 3rd of April. And I moved away form Italy on the 4th, the next day. Is this going to be valid?
If CIC wants to hold exactly to the rule, they could ask for another one. My guess is that with just a one day difference, it should be fine.

SwedishCitizen said:
Am I considered a resident of Italy, Norway or Sweden?
Italy, because my apartment contract says so.
Norway, because this is where I live currently, but only for 5 months.
Sweden, because I'm a Swedish citizen and I'm registered there.
It really doesn't matter, as CIC will send your app where they want regardless of which country you indicate as your residence.

SwedishCitizen said:
Also is it a problem that I moved to Norway now for work, while she stayed there? We will be away from each other for about 4 months.
That's fine. Make sure to keep proof of the continuing relationship just in case CIC asks.

SwedishCitizen said:
Do we need to send a sponsorship approval application first? I'm afraid that my PCC wont be valid if I wait for that. So can I just send my PCC and everything at once?
The entire application, sponsor and applicant parts, MUST BE SUBMITTED TOGETHER to Mississauga.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
innosense said:
Your PCC should be received by CIC before July 3.
CIC has changed this rule. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp

innosense

Feb 13, 2014
Toronto / Chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-Aug-2014
File Transfer...
IP: 7-Apr-2015
Passport Req..
DM: 30-May-2015
LANDED..........
10-Jun-2015
canuck_in_uk said:
CIC has changed this rule. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp
That is so awesome ! Thank you for pointing out canuck_in_uk !

For the country you currently live in, the police certificate must be issued no more than six months before you apply.

For countries where you have lived for six months or more, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you lived in that country.

Apr 30, 2015
Thank you very much!

About the lease "letter". I am actually still paying for that apartment until June 30th. Even if i'm not living there.
I was thinking more about changing it because the CIC asks of proof of how long you have been living together, and April 4th would be correct in that sense.