+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need Second Opinion - Tourist Visa for Mom

JITE

Sep 24, 2013
Hi,
Please my wife and I (Both Permanent Residence in Canada) will like to apply for visit Visa for my mom to Canada. She is a homemaker and depends on my Dad. My Dad earns about 500 to 600dollars equivalent monthly back in his country.
Will adding his bank statement have any advantage in the application since my wife and I will be solely responsible for sponsoring the trip?
We want to apply for her alone so the issue of ties to home country I think should be answered as she will return to my dad and my siblings after the visit??? Thanks All

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
TRV will be dependent on her financial status not your own. I would consider supervisa that will be primarily based on your income not hers. Obviously dependent on other things as well like travel history, ties to her home country, etc.

JITE

Sep 24, 2013
Thanks Canuck, we actually thought about the super visa but for a short time goal want to apply for the TRV for her. Can we say the husband(my dad) will sponsor her in the way he can while we bear most of the expense of the trip?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes you can as long as they have good amount of savings. Although you will likely pay her expenses she needs to be able to show the ability to pay for her entire trip. It is of course dependent on more than expenses.

JITE

Sep 24, 2013
Yes you can as long as they have good amount of savings. Although you will likely pay her expenses she needs to be able to show the ability to pay for her entire trip. It is of course dependent on more than expenses.
Thanks a lot Canuck!

pandesal

Apr 26, 2018
You can also try providing a letter or affidavit of support for your mom. That she will be staying with you and that you'll provide for her expenses during her stay. You could attach there your proof of financial capacity and your dad's since you said she's financially dependent on him.