+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need list of lawyer who accept legal aid

peace123

Star Member
Jul 11, 2019
Refugee claimants are the vulnerable persons in Canada.

When one refugee claimant fail down the hearing of IRB, he need lawyer to help him to deal with the appeal of RAD.

If his appeal was dismissed, he need an lawyer for the Federal Court , for PRRA or for H&C

Hi guys, you could provide the list of lawyers who accept legal aid to support the refugee claimants

Such as :.

Name: XX
Email:
Which city:
Field: H&C or PRRA

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
I don’t think it is right for anyone to recommend anyone but the firm who hosts this forum. Whether they accept legal aid or not I don’t know but since everyone here has access to free help via the forum that CAMPBELL COHEN hosts, they should be recommended. Period.

Campbell Cohen. Their contact information is everywhere in this forum.

Reactions: Buletruck

Jan 10, 2017
I don’t think it is right for anyone to recommend anyone but the firm who hosts this forum. Whether they accept legal aid or not I don’t know but since everyone here has access to free help via the forum that CAMPBELL COHEN hosts, they should be recommended. Period.

Campbell Cohen. Their contact information is everywhere in this forum.
I contacted Mr Cohen for my refugee case but he refers me to the law firm of Mitchell Goldberg.
I hope it help.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Refugee claimants are the vulnerable persons in Canada.

When one refugee claimant fail down the hearing of IRB, he need lawyer to help him to deal with the appeal of RAD.

If his appeal was dismissed, he need an lawyer for the Federal Court , for PRRA or for H&C

Hi guys, you could provide the list of lawyers who accept legal aid to support the refugee claimants

Such as :.

Name: XX
Email:
Which city:
Field: H&C or PRRA
You will find if you are dealing with a refusal or JR, legal aide probably won’t offer support. And lawyers don’t accept legal aide. Legal aide is an organization that offers legal services to those who can’t afford it. If you don’t like your legal aide lawyer, you’ll likely have to pay out of pocket.

Reactions: jddd and canuck78

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Legal aid has very limited funds and is not offered to asylum seekers in every province. With such a huge demand many legal aid services limit their services and are not able to take on cases after the initial hearing. If there is a good case of success they may take on an appeal.

Reactions: jddd
Feb 24, 2021
Having refugee status in any country is very risky. Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to legalize your stay in the country without the help of a good lawyer. I was recently in such a terrible situation too and was forced to seek help from a law firm. It was, of course, a bankruptcy lawyer in San Diego, as I was having some financial difficulties with my private coffee shop. However, without their professional and operational help, I would have been left without the funds to survive. I would be able to contact my attorney and find out about a good lawyer dealing with immigration cases.

Last edited:

PankyDonalds

Aug 9, 2022
Have you found a good lawyer to help you with this problem?
Have you found a good lawyer to help you with this problem? When I was moving to Canada, I used the help of a lawyer from erasethecase.com to help me get ready with the documents. I was getting many declines of the VISA for different reasons, so it is why I have decided to use the services of a lawyer from erasethecase.com. Since the first consultation, he started explaining what I was doing wrong, and I have made some progress in getting the VISA. Unfortunately, this is on holiday now, so I need to find a new good lawyer to help me get the VISA.

PankyDonalds

Aug 9, 2022
I was also searching for a long time for a lawyer to help me as a refuge. I am from Ukraine, and I came to my relatives in Canada when the war started. I lived one month with the month I had, and then I realized that I needed to get a job, which is extremely hard as a refuge. It is why I decided to get all the money the state gives to refugees of war, so I hired a lawyer from https://www.advocatenkantoor-logemann.nl/ to help with getting the money so I could survive until someone could accept me to work and start earning to survive.

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I was also searching for a long time for a lawyer to help me as a refuge. I am from Ukraine, and I came to my relatives in Canada when the war started
I'm assuming you came to Canada on a CUAET visa. The Canadian government has specifically stated that this is not a refugee visa and you may find it very difficult to be approved for PR through the refugee stream.

I would strongly recommend that you explore ways of qualifying for PR through an economic immigration stream instead of applying for refugee status. If you give us more information about your profile (i.e. education, profession, etc.) then we may be able to suggest which economic immigration stream or streams will be the most viable for you.

Good luck.

Reactions: canuck78

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I was also searching for a long time for a lawyer to help me as a refuge. I am from Ukraine, and I came to my relatives in Canada when the war started
Would also warn you that if you do receive asylum in Canada you will not be able to return to Ukraine until you are a Canadian citizen. With all the backlogs that could mean up to 10 year. That is a big sacrife if some of your family members would like to eventually visit friends and family still in Ukraine. They can visit them in a 3rd country other than Ukraine. Filing for asylum can make it difficult for other friends and family to visit you once CUAET is finished. If you are able to work, it would be much better to qualify forPR this way and likely much faster. Applying for asylum may make sense if you are elderly and can’t work. Canada has been very unclear about whether CUAET applicants will be treated like all other applicants applying for asylum. Ukrainians were purposely not given asylum right away like the Syrians and people from Afghanistan. The Ukrainians were only supposed to be arriving on WP but Canada did decide to eventually given them initial financial support and access to healthcare and welfare. The goal of the program was for the majority arriving to be able to work right away and not arrive in Canada and only depend on government aid which is one of the real reasons there wasn’t a cap on the number of people who could arrive. Canada doesn’t want to have a large number of Ukrainians not working and not relying on the government. You may have qualified for CUAET but may not qualify for asylum. This is especially the case for families where one spouse isn’t Ukrainian. They were allowed to get CUAET but for asylum they will have to show that their lives were at risk but in Ukraine but in the other country. If they have never lived there than may be very difficult. Deciding to apply for asylum is a much more complex issue. Will the fact that Western Ukraine remain a safe area and many have relocated to that region. what is going on in Ukraine 2-3 years from now when you would get your hearing may be totally different so if fighting has stopped (hopefully) then there would be no need for asylum). Applying for PR via economic pathways allow you to control whether you get approved for PR. Would suggest having a discussion with your family members. Parts of your group may decide applying for asylum is their best choice but others may realize it is not for them. Currently you have access to most of the programs offered to PRs Under your WP.