+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need Information to proceed my brother's application

jackjones1691

Aug 6, 2019
Hi Guys,

This is the situation, my brother applied through Canadian experience class and he got the invite, he submitted all the supporting documents within the given timeline and now his wedding got finished after the submission of his documents. So at this point, he has his marriage certificate, and the PR is still in process of making a decision.

We need answer to the following,

*Can he add the spouse info notifying the change to CIC?

*Will his points be re-calculated?

*Does this process take extra more 6 months to make a decision than the usual?

I appreciate your help and time

Qwertypod

Jan 28, 2019
Yes, he has to update CIC immediately.
His points will most likely change.
Nobody can say how this will affect his application timeline.

jackjones1691

Aug 6, 2019
Thanks for the info

My brother got married and informed CIC about his wedding, He is waiting for the further details from cic to upload his wife's document, but can he still bring his wife with him as she has applied for visitor visa and got visa for 10 years (Before wedding)
Will this be a conflict to his profile after adding her or while traveling to Canada

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Others can comment as well but as he is married now he needs to wait for his application to reflect that he is married. If he gets a COPR before his marriage has been reflected in the application he must not use that to land given that would imply being single and he cannot now land as single

Reactions: jackjones1691

jackjones1691

Aug 6, 2019
Hi, he is just waiting for update from cic to upload his wife documents meanwhile he is leaving to canada in next three days (Post study work permit) Can he take his wife in visitor visa while it is in processing. As the visa was taken before wedding, will that not lead to any conflict of his application processing

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi Guys,

This is the situation, my brother applied through Canadian experience class and he got the invite, he submitted all the supporting documents within the given timeline and now his wedding got finished after the submission of his documents. So at this point, he has his marriage certificate, and the PR is still in process of making a decision.

The spouse MUST be added.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/assessing-electronic-application-on-section-a11-2.html

"If, however, an applicant marries after they submit their e-APR, then informs IRCC of the marriage, the marriage cannot be taken into account as part of the section A11.2 assessment. However, the change in circumstance may affect whether the applicant still meets the program requirements. See below for details."

In other words - no, his points will not be recalculated, as long as the marriage took place AFTER he submitted his eAPR.

No, not usually, but that depends on the spouse´s background. 2 months additional would probably be about the norm.

jackjones1691

Aug 6, 2019
Hi, Thanks for your clear response @jes_ON

Currently, he is just waiting for an update from cic to upload his wife documents meanwhile he is leaving to Canada in next three days (Post study work permit) Can he take his wife in visitor visa while it is in processing (After he leaves, she will submit the documents from India as a dependent to my bro's application while in progress and then come in visitor visa with a return ticket during the process). As the visa was taken before wedding, will that lead to any conflict of his application processing.

Last edited:

valycarrolito

Aug 29, 2019
Hi Guys,

We need answer to the following,

I appreciate your help and time
Nobody can say how this will affect his application timeline.

valycarrolito

Aug 29, 2019
Thanks for the info

My brother got married and informed CIC about his wedding, He is waiting for the further details from cic to upload his wife's document, but can he still bring his wife with him as she has applied for visitor visa and got visa for 10 years (Before wedding)
Will this be a conflict to his profile after adding her or while traveling to Canada my ip birthday wishes tneb
As the visa was taken before wedding, will that not lead to any conflict of his application processing