+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need information before immigrating

man_man170

Jul 4, 2009
Hello,

I have applied for immigration to Canada from US approx 9 months back. I am currently in US and working as an IT consultant. I am hopeful that my qualification would be sufficient and my immigration application would be approved. I have been in US for last 5 years. I am Indian and would probably say that I have most of the qualities/short comings that Indian usually have.

After immigrating, I want to start a business in Canada rather than doing a job. I am a Chartered Accountant by Qualification. I have researched a lot on the internet about small and franchise business which I could start. Even thought I am from a small "business community background" in India, I am not aware how risky it would be to start my own small business in Canada.

Thus, I am looking for information of any kind which would help me in completing my ground work better before moving to Canada. I am looking for answers to basic questions below.

1.How easy it is for a person who is immigrating from US to Canada can start a business within 1-2 months, i.e how similar is both the economies.
2.What is the best few places to start small/franchise business in Canada.
3.What are the business options for person who wants to invest his own savings (apart from Bank loan) of 40-50k.
4. What ground work would you suggest a person should do now(like me) so that its easier to start the business once he is in Canada.
5.Any good website link which may help give more information (may be I would have missed that one)
6.Any other information which you would like to share.

Request to put in your comments if you know or want to share any information as that would be helpful.

dcpaley

Jun 28, 2010
Ontario Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A colleague of mine was an Indian CA. If he'd obtained his US CPA before entering Canada, CA Canada would have designated him. Unfortunately, hi didn't and is not a recognized CA.