+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need information about Sponsor papers/ Getting Married in Morocco

Nancy

Nov 24, 2007
Hi,
I am new at this and never posted anything in any web site. But I need some help. I am engaged to wonderful man in Morocco and we want to get married in march. We both do not know what papers we need to get married there. I also want to start the process of bring him to Canada. I do not have a clue what I am supposet be doing nor does he. Is there anyone that can help get the papers I need to sponsor him to Canada.

Does anyone know what papers I need to get married in March in Morocco and information that could help us would be much appreciated.

I so want to marry him and he feels exactly the same. But we both do not know what we are doing here. We don't even know where to start.

Please can anyone helps us.

Nancy

Ihatewaiting

Oct 29, 2007
Re: I want to marry a man in Morocco and bring him to Canada

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/spouse.asp

Yasmina/isabelle

Star Member
Jul 8, 2007

Hi Nancy this is the site : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/spouse.as
My husband is a Moroccan also and we are happy and doing well
you can send me a privat mesage anytime if u need any help wish u all the best
Isabelle

Nancy

Nov 24, 2007

Thankyou,

Both for information, I also can reached at bbywiggles@hotmail.com would love to talk to someone that has been through this. My fiancee and I don't have a clue what to do and you have given me some ideas to begin and start in our future. We both want this so much, being apart from each other is so hard. Even though we talk every day and on cam. It is not like being together. If we could be together tomorrow we would.

hoping75

Nov 5, 2007

Hi Nancy,

I was just in Morocco ang got Married in September. It was incredible. I could have never imagined it could be so wonderful. Now I must wait to be back with my Husband. I found alot of great information on the Moroccan Consulate website. You can print out the list of most of the things you will need there to obtain your marriage contract, but you must be patient throug the process. But I enjoyed every minute of the running for papers because I was sharing all of that time with my Husband. So I say when you go, please don't worry and just enjoy the experience.

http://www.consulatdumaroc.ca/english.htm

Here is the Moroccan consulate website. It was such a great help to me. When you enter the site, go to ( CONSULATE SERVICES ) It is listed on the top of the page, once you click on that page you will see a list of services. Click on the one that says mixed marriages in Morocco. It will give you a list of requirements., and also the link to the Canadian website to tell you other things you will need.

Before you leave you can call and request the application package for Morocco from the CIC, or you can print them out online. It take 2-3 weeks in the mail. If your personal documents are in English I recommend you get them translated in French before you leave if possible. They will only acept French Documents, Not English to get your Marriage Contract

Your Fiancee Also needs to Contact his local Adoul to ask them exactly what they require from you, each place may ask for something different, that is why he must ask the one where you will be getting married.

I would recommend you being there for a month if possible, and start to get the paperwork in process right away upon arrival.

If you want detailed informaion please feel free to contact me, it is all still fresh in my mind. I would be happy to help any way that I can.

Good luck with your future marriage.

Nancy

Nov 24, 2007

I have another question, I will apply for my fiancee to come to Canada via sponor my future husband permanent residency. I know when we are married in march all the papers will not be completed because of all of the reading I have seen on this site. Is there any possible way he can come to Canada and visit after we are married. The thought of being married and him not being with me, just breaks my heart all over again.

Yasmina/isabelle

Star Member
Jul 8, 2007

Hi Nancy sorry to say this but realy there is not much he can do to come to canada and visit there is a visitors visa but the chances he will get one is slim and the only way realy is to wait for the full permanent resident visa its little long of a wait a few months but well worth it

We all been apart of our love ones and pass my nights missing him and crying...but keeping strong soon he will be with me and al of this time apart have made us stronger
Isabelle

Yasmina/isabelle

Star Member
Jul 8, 2007

ohhhhh thanks Raven :) so nice of you and its so good to not feel alone in this :)
isabelle

Nancy

Nov 24, 2007
Nancy said:
Hi,
I am new at this and never posted anything in any web site. But I need some help. I am engaged to wonderful man in Morocco and we want to get married in march. We both do not know what papers we need to get married there. I also want to start the process of bring him to Canada. I do not have a clue what I am supposet be doing nor does he. Is there anyone that can help get the papers I need to sponsor him to Canada.

Does anyone know what papers I need to get married in March in Morocco and information that could help us would be much appreciated.

OK I UNDERSTAND NOW ALL ABOUT THE CAPACITY PAPERS. FEW MORE QUESTION.

DO I REALLY HAVE TO STAY THERE A MONTH FOR EVERYTHING

WHEN I AM WORKING ON THE SPONOR PAPERS FOR MY HUSBAND DO I FILE THEM IN MOROCCO OR DO I FILE THEM IN CANDA.

HAS ANYONE MARRIED IN AGADIR, I HEARD THE COURT IS MORE DIFFICULT THERE CAN ANYON SHARE ANY ADVISED ON THIS PLEASE.

I KNOW I AM GETTIN MARRIED IN MARCH BUT BOTH ME AND MY FIANCEE ARE ORGANIZE FREAKS. WE MAKE A WONDERFULL PAIR.

I so want to marry him and he feels exactly the same. But we both do not know what we are doing here. We don't even know where to start.

Please can anyone helps us.

Nancy

Nancy

Nov 24, 2007

Hi all,

I need help on somethings when we are married Can I submit sponsorship there or do I have to come back to Canada and start the process of getting my husband to Canada........Help please

Gdaymate

Star Member
Sep 26, 2007
Hi Nancy

Whether you send off the application while you are still in Morocco or whether you wait until you return the process will be the same. The application is sent to CIC Mississauga first, once you are approved as a sponsor the paperwork will be forwarded to Rabat for the rest of the process.

hoping75

Nov 5, 2007
Hi Nancy,

You need to submit it when you arrive back in Canada. You send your part and his part at the same time. If you live in Canada at the time of the sponsorship, it has to be submitted in Canada.

Be sure you take the application papers with you , and read his part especially before you go so that will help you understand what you will need to do as far as proof of your genuine relationship.

About your question of if it necessary to stay in Morocco for one month, I would highly suggest it. I had booked my flight for 1 month, and I had to extend it when I was there. There is alot of paperwork that needs to be done there. Not only do you have to apply for the papers to get your marriage license, but every paper needs to be taken to different places to be legalized. Some of those papers need to be taken to Rabat to be legalized, and others in his town, There is alot of running around, and alot of waiting. Once you actually have your marriage certificate, then you need the time for the wedding, and then there is the time for the Adul to present you with the final court legalized marriage contract. That takes up to a week itself. I realy think it is very important that you give yourself enough time. You will then need to take your marriage contract which will be in Arabic to have it translated into french or English. You will need that for your sponsorship application. Then if you are luck you will have a few days to breath and just enjoy being together without thinking about getting up early to run after more papers.

As I mentioned though, enjoy the journey with your future Husband, you will learn alot about each other during the process. I became even closer to my Husband during that time. I was already completely in love with him, but the experience made it even stronger. I would not have traded the experience for anything.

Just be sure to be compltely prepared.

Happy future marriage.

indimer04

Star Member
Dec 10, 2007
I agree with hoping75 in that running around and getting things done will create a bigger bond between the two of you as a couple. I know that my husband, Jamal and I actually enjoyed the running around and even more so with my daughter..there are lots of things that we did in between that made the trip very memorable. My only problem is that we didn't have a wedding ..so no pictures..our wedding was with the aduls the day before i had to return to Canada, this is why upon us getting the final ok for him to come here to Canada i am going to fly down with Meriam ,my daughter and have us a proper wedding. But i agree with other on here too..try to go for as long as you can..ideally one month..since things do take a while in getting from one place to the next and then back to the first. We have a personal funny with the judge that granted the marriage approval since he told Jamal" you always seem upset" is that why you wants things done right away. I was surprised with that statement at first, but then Jamal says that things usually take long to get done. We had to wait until Ramadan was over before we could go to do our things too i flew done the beginning of October of this year...so just imagine...but i wouldn't trade anything other than staying longer is my only complaint.............

khalilsangel

Feb 6, 2008
hi there,
i was married in morocco aug 29th, and have been there twice, and will go back in june. I live in the usa but am canadian. I want to move back home to van bc...My question is can i do this, and how long did it take you to get your man home with you?
i really need all the info i can get. I heard it takes some couples 2 years if they are married to moroccans..
thank you
alice

nadias

Jan 30, 2010
what documents my morroccan husband needs for missasauga...

hi,

i got married in morrocco on january 20th and i need to know what documents exactly my husband needs to missassauga..especialle the (acte of marriage) somebody told us that there needs to be something written in the back is that true pls answer.........