03-12-2010
Med's Done....
06-12-2010
Passport Req..
16-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2011
Hi,
I will be travelling to Hull, Quebec on the 18th April 2011. I would like to know whether I can rent an apartment mid april there as I heard tht the landlord do not give you the keys until 1st of the month and I cannot afford staying in hotel until 1st May 2011. Furthermore, I will really appreciate if someone can guide me about the location of the apartment. There is an apartment (46 Rue bedard) for $720 which is located 6km away from city centre and it has metro supermarket just 100m away and its 3km away from the main shopping mall. Another apartment (Faubourg de l’ile) is $700 with swimming pool and convenience store 2km away from city centre. However, to go everywhere else from faubourg de l’ile, u need to take bus, it is also 3km away from the main shopping mall. I would like to know which option will be better for me as I don’t know yet how harsh winter can be there.
Regards
Shahzad

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I live about 15kms from the Rue bedard area. But I do not know the area. I am based in Ottawa.
If you do not drive, then walking or using the bus are the only real options.
Walking long distances in the winter makes no sense, it can be far too cold.
This winter has been mild, we have not had much snow, temps. have been down below -30C.

You can check weather here
http://www.theweathernetwork.com/weather/caon0512

You can check bus routes here
http://www.sto.ca/index_e.asp

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shahzadchowdhry said:
Hi,
I will be travelling to Hull, Quebec on the 18th April 2011. I would like to know whether I can rent an apartment mid april there as I heard tht the landlord do not give you the keys until 1st of the month and I cannot afford staying in hotel until 1st May 2011.
Don't take anything unseen. When you go look at it, if you don't plan to have a car, find out if there is a bus or a tram nearby and how often they go. Look at the area. In the daytime it may look fine but in the evening, shady people could creep out of the woodwork so find a convenience store or a gas station in the area and ask them how it is there.

Renting from the middle of the month is definitely less common but if you find a place that is empty, I am sure they would be happy to get half the months rent and make it from the middle of the month rather than to let it stand empty until the 1st.

Felix07Richerd

Jun 21, 2011
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
When I told my friend who lives in New Mexico that I had found a new one-bedroom place in Queens for $1100, he remarked that he was renting a two bedroom house, (that is, a single building on the ground with a yard and such) for $500 a month.