+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need Info on 1Yr PG Certificate Course--Jan 2012 Intake Canada

Nivedita

Aug 23, 2011
Hi All,

This is Nivedita here, I've done my BE and have more than 4.5Yrs of exp in IT industry..I've applied for 1Yr PG Certificate course in George Brown College in Canada (Information Sys & Business Analyst) for Jan 2012 intake, Can anyone please help me stating if the course/college is good enough, how difficult is it to get part-time jobs during the course and are there good oppurtunities to get a job after the course completion and is it diffiucult to get an 1Yr work permit after IYr of study..Please help me...

Regards

manav_manav

Star Member
May 10, 2011
Hey Nivedita!
First of all may i know in which stream u have done ur BE?
college is good but there are better options!
Also Ontario province is the toughest province to get PR in!
Rest jobs are not easily available but yes ur credentials and ur networking(i.e. contacts with ppl in industry) surely help u a g8 deal!
But dont lose hope ..I mean its tough but chances are always there..
I would just like to add here that mostly canadian employers look either for very high skill level !! So be prepared to get out ur nerves but once ur are thru live wont be better dan ever!!
Good Luck!

Nivedita

Aug 23, 2011
Hello Manav,
I've done my BE in Information Science and Engg...
As you mentioned about contacts..I actually dont know anyone out there , so guess thats gonna be diffucult for me...
One os the person I spoke to has mentioned that these 1Yr courses arent recognised outside Canada and also employers wont be go these candidates since they dont hold a degree from University...
Do you also say the same or will it be fine to pursue this course...Please suggest...

-Nivedita

manav_manav

Star Member
May 10, 2011
Once you enter canada,u can explore numerous options.and links are made once u enter the country.U got to develop it.Its better to go for some unverisities or colleges that are in other region except ontario,in case PR is ur motto..Gimme ur email id.. I will send u some details.Dont worry there is a way out to every situation..U just gotta explore the best one..remember that!!

manav_manav

Star Member
May 10, 2011
i have sent info on ur mail of dis forum %th option from top right! just check it..well wil send it ur email also!

Nivedita

Aug 23, 2011
Yes I will...have too many doubts...will surely require your help and looking forward to talk to you..!

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nivedita said:
Hello Manav,
I've done my BE in Information Science and Engg...
As you mentioned about contacts..I actually dont know anyone out there , so guess thats gonna be diffucult for me...
One os the person I spoke to has mentioned that these 1Yr courses arent recognised outside Canada and also employers wont be go these candidates since they dont hold a degree from University...
Do you also say the same or will it be fine to pursue this course...Please suggest...

-Nivedita