+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need info about Adding my Wife to my ongoing PR Application

bhanu_kaushal

Star Member
Jan 16, 2015
Hello Everyone, My Name is Bhanu Kaushal and i applied for my PR on 9th Jan 2015 under Provicial Nominee Program. It's not under Express Entry. I applied under the conventional way.
Now the thing is, i am going to India in April to get married. i was wondering how can i add my spouse information to my ongoing application so that we both can get our PR together. If anybody can help me with some useful information, i'll be thankful

Thanks
Bhanu Kaushal

joshy008

Star Member
Apr 25, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
SEPTEMBER 5 2013
Nomination.....
july 10
AOR Received.
OCTOBER 9
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
0CTOBER 9
Med's Done....
OCTOBER 29
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
NOVEMBER 4 2014
VISA ISSUED...
nov 21 2014
LANDED..........
DECEMBER 11 2014
Hi

When you get your marriage certificate first you need to inform PNP office about your marriage(send an add family member form plus marriage cft /Then CIC -email cic with your application number ,dob,uci,and attach a copy of marriage certificate)

usually cic will get back to you saying hat your wife's name is added to your file and she has the under go all the admissibility procedures,doesn't matter she is accompanying or not

THey will ask all documents

In order to add your spouse to your application, we require the following items:

· Copy of your spouse’s birth certificate
· Copy of your spouse’s valid passport
· Copy of your marriage certificate
· If applicable, copy of your spouse’s divorce certificate if your spouse was previously married
· Four (4) recent photographs of your spouse according to specifications
· Original police certificates for your spouse
· Updated Generic Application Form for Canada IMM 0008 for yourself
· Updated Additional Family Information Form IMM 5406 for yourself and your spouse
· A completed and signed Schedule A Background/ Declaration IMM 5669 by your spouse
· Principal Applicant’s Relationship Assessment Questionnaire (attached)
· Spouse’s Relationship Assessment Questionnaire (attached)

- You must send evidence of the relationship between you and your spouse, such as:
 Proof of your spouse’s visits such as airline ticket coupons, boarding passes, copies of
pages of your spouse’s passport showing entry/exit stamps
 Wedding photographs depicting all the rituals of a traditional wedding,
 Wedding reception and post wedding photographs,
 Evidence of continued contact with spouse such as phone bills, letters and e-mails

I had submitted this and added my spouse same like you ..these are the documents cic requested me

i hope it helps..Happy married life

bhanu_kaushal

Star Member
Jan 16, 2015
Thank You So Much Joshy008.
This is very Helpful. i have another question.

I wanna sponsor my younger brother after i get my PR. He will be 15 years old this February. if you can advice me in that matter as well, that'll be awesome. It's not gonna happen anytime soon but still i wanna keep in mind what i need to do after i get my PR to sponsor my younger brother.

Thanks
Bhanu Kaushal

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You can't sponsor your brother unless he's an orphan (i.e. both of your parents are deceased).