+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need helps about my application in Vancouver

suoeryen

Jan 22, 2019
I joined and passed my citizenship test in Nov 23, 2018, by the end of the interview the officer required me to submit extra departure/entry records within a month. Actually I have all the stamps on my passport but I guessed she was just lazy to find it. Anyway, all the required documents have been sent to the Vancouver office in Dec 03, 2018, almost 2 months have been passed but my application status online is still in process.

Someone from November test have finished their oath ceremony, many of them have received the oath letter, or DM status at least. I tried to call CIC office, they just told me to wait.... Does anyone have any idea about my case? So sad right now :(

Thank you for any information.

EstherBarros

Aug 18, 2014
BC- Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
17-11-2014
Doc's Request.
02-07-2015
AOR Received.
03-02-2015
File Transfer...
14-02-2015
Med's Done....
23-09-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-2015
LANDED..........
22-08-2015
Hi,

I am sorry that you don't have updates at this point. Unfortunately, that is just how it is- we have no control over the process, and they will do what they have to do.
You could order GCMS notes, which might show you what they are working on, but ultimately, you have no control over that either.
If it has been longer than 12 months, you can try and call them again, or contact your MP, maybe.

suoeryen

Jan 22, 2019
Hi,

I am sorry that you don't have updates at this point. Unfortunately, that is just how it is- we have no control over the process, and they will do what they have to do.
You could order GCMS notes, which might show you what they are working on, but ultimately, you have no control over that either.
If it has been longer than 12 months, you can try and call them again, or contact your MP, maybe.
Thank you very much for your info.
I know I have no control over the process, I just want to know if anyone have similar problems before and tell me how long I still need to wait. I have a travel plan in next couple of months, hope all those things could be done at that time.

click.trick

May 22, 2014
Chilliwack, BC
I joined and passed my citizenship test in Nov 23, 2018, by the end of the interview the officer required me to submit extra departure/entry records within a month. Actually I have all the stamps on my passport but I guessed she was just lazy to find it. Anyway, all the required documents have been sent to the Vancouver office in Dec 03, 2018, almost 2 months have been passed but my application status online is still in process.

Someone from November test have finished their oath ceremony, many of them have received the oath letter, or DM status at least. I tried to call CIC office, they just told me to wait.... Does anyone have any idea about my case? So sad right now :(

Thank you for any information.
hi
what you mean by extra entry/exit records?
do you mean an excel sheet or from some border security agency etc.

EstherBarros

Aug 18, 2014
BC- Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
17-11-2014
Doc's Request.
02-07-2015
AOR Received.
03-02-2015
File Transfer...
14-02-2015
Med's Done....
23-09-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-2015
LANDED..........
22-08-2015
As it is, it is not a "problem", it is simply how the process goes- but yes, I am sure there are many others in similar stages of the process.
The best thing you can do regarding travel plans is advise them of the dates in which you will be travelling and kindly ask them not to schedule anything during that time, either by letter or web form :)

hfinkel

Feb 23, 2012
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
hi
I waited 4 months after submitting additional entry/exit records but eventually, they approved the application.
Your time will come.
Good luck.

suoeryen

Jan 22, 2019
hi
I made the spreadsheet in the very beginning and sent it to the CIC office. They still required me to submit an official one from both Chinese/US government. I don't understand why they did not require it before the test, it's easier for both sides.

suoeryen

Jan 22, 2019
As it is, it is not a "problem", it is simply how the process goes- but yes, I am sure there are many others in similar stages of the process.
The best thing you can do regarding travel plans is advise them of the dates in which you will be travelling and kindly ask them not to schedule anything during that time, either by letter or web form :)
They have so much time to review my case, all my travel stamps are on my passport, and I even made a spreadsheet to note the pages of each stamp. I believe the better way for both sides is to ask those documents before the test invitation.

Anyway, I've sent the webform, thank you for telling me :)

click.trick

May 22, 2014
Chilliwack, BC
I made the spreadsheet in the very beginning and sent it to the CIC office. They still required me to submit an official one from both Chinese/US government. I don't understand why they did not require it before the test, it's easier for both sides.
hi
what did you submit for US trips
was it I94 travel record?

suoeryen

Jan 22, 2019
I waited 4 months after submitting additional entry/exit records but eventually, they approved the application.
Your time will come.
Good luck.
Thank you so much for telling me:) BTW, after 4 months you received a oath letter or just status changed to DM?

suoeryen

Jan 22, 2019
did u notice the detail page of I94 is on simple paper print with no letterhead or title
Yes. CIC office sent me a letter with a detailed instruction about how to get the documents. US record is easy to get, what you need to do is click the website, fill in your personal info and the print the result. Chinese one is very complicated.

hfinkel

Feb 23, 2012
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
Thank you so much for telling me:) BTW, after 4 months you received a oath letter or just status changed to DM?
Yes, my timeline is in my signature. That shows how long we waited for everything.
IRCC asked me for a US border entry/exit report. This unfortunately took 4¾ months to receive from US and then another 4 months wait after IRCC received the report from me. What puzzles me is why they waited until a month AFTER my interview to request the report. Couldn't they have requested it earlier?

I would like to get the word out to any citizenship applicants who have spent any amount of time in the US with any residence or visitor authorization other than a I-94 (such as US citizenship, US green card or any other non-I94 status), that it might be best to make the request for the US entry/exit report as soon as you submit your Canadian citizenship application. I-94 holders can get their entry/exit report instantly on a US immigration gov web site. But all others need to make an online Freedom of Information Act request which can take months to receive. Since it is free, why not request it when you submit your Canadian application. The US report is requested for all US entries/exits listed in the 5 year period shown on in the Canadian application and Canadian Physical Presence Calculator, so it can be requested anytime after you sign the IRCC application.

The advantage of requesting this report right away, even though IRCC hasn't asked for it yet, is it could be ready by the time you go to your interview rather than wait months after and watch your application put on hold. Even if they never ask for it, you have already been through the wait to get the US report and the processing delay by the IRCC is minimized.

Last edited:
Reactions: EstherBarros