+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need Help

Rajes

Feb 14, 2020
Hi,

I have worked with an indian employer for "10 years". Iam interested in Applying for PR.
I am an undergraduate. My last qualification was a Diploma in computers which is a 3 year full time course after my 10th grade.

After completing my diploma, things happened and I ended up working for a logistic company.

I would not like to go to a visa consultant and agents here in india as all they do is make false promises and they charge hefty fees.

I would really like if all you genuine and helpful people could spare some time and help me.
I would like to know if there is even a slightest chance for me in canada?

1. My english is average. (As by now you might have guessed)
2. I am a undergraduate. (I really blamed myself for not going for it and if this reason will stop me from a good opportunity I would be really disheartened)

I have few questions.

1) Am I eligible for a PR for a skilled worker?

2) If not what are my options?

3) Do I have to get a job first to get the visa? Or get the visa then look for a job once there?

4) Can I apply for a different job in canada meanwhile I search for the jobs relevant for me?

5) If I get a job in a different field other than mine will the canadian government deport me?

6) what all documents do the embassy require from me about the my old job?

Thank you very much guys for giving me a platform to ask a question and get an answer from the best.

Rajes

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,

I have worked with an indian employer for "10 years". Iam interested in Applying for PR.
I am an undergraduate. My last qualification was a Diploma in computers which is a 3 year full time course after my 10th grade.

After completing my diploma, things happened and I ended up working for a logistic company.

I would not like to go to a visa consultant and agents here in india as all they do is make false promises and they charge hefty fees.

I would really like if all you genuine and helpful people could spare some time and help me.
I would like to know if there is even a slightest chance for me in canada?

1. My english is average. (As by now you might have guessed)
2. I am a undergraduate. (I really blamed myself for not going for it and if this reason will stop me from a good opportunity I would be really disheartened)

I have few questions.

1) Am I eligible for a PR for a skilled worker?

2) If not what are my options?

3) Do I have to get a job first to get the visa? Or get the visa then look for a job once there?

4) Can I apply for a different job in canada meanwhile I search for the jobs relevant for me?

5) If I get a job in a different field other than mine will the canadian government deport me?

6) what all documents do the embassy require from me about the my old job?

Thank you very much guys for giving me a platform to ask a question and get an answer from the best.

Rajes
1) You are eligible to apply however whether you are selected is another matter. You should calculate how many points you have under the Express Entry program. Right now you need 470+ points to be selected. If you don't have enough points, you will need to look into the provincial programs.
3) No, you don't need a job first. It's next to impossible to get a job before PR. you should focus on getting PR first.
6) You'll need to dedicate time to researching Canada's immigration programs on the IRCC website to understand what documents you will have to submit with your application.

Rajes

Feb 14, 2020
1) You are eligible to apply however whether you are selected is another matter. You should calculate how many points you have under the Express Entry program. Right now you need 470+ points to be selected. If you don't have enough points, you will need to look into the provincial programs.
3) No, you don't need a job first. It's next to impossible to get a job before PR. you should focus on getting PR first.
6) You'll need to dedicate time to researching Canada's immigration programs on the IRCC website to understand what documents you will have to submit with your application.
Hi scilla,

Thank you for being a life saver and the bearer of good news.

I have just one question and that can be really really helpful.

How did I get nominated in a pnp? And I have read that pnp requires a job prior to visa.

If you can just briefly tell me that.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

Rajes

Feb 14, 2020
Hi,

I have been reading about the importance of CRS score and there is a parameter of provincial nomination in it.

This is said here:

"Two factors which are particularly important are having a PN (Provincial Nomination) or a job offer. These factors both offer the highest amount of CRS points and just having a PN just about guarantees that you will receive an ITA (Invitation to Apply) for permanent residence in Canada!"

but you said If I dont qualify for express entry then I should try for provincial nominated program.

How do I score well with these two points?

Can I get a job from india?

Please guide me I am recalling getting confused!

:(

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,

I have been reading about the importance of CRS score and there is a parameter of provincial nomination in it.

This is said here:

"Two factors which are particularly important are having a PN (Provincial Nomination) or a job offer. These factors both offer the highest amount of CRS points and just having a PN just about guarantees that you will receive an ITA (Invitation to Apply) for permanent residence in Canada!"

but you said If I dont qualify for express entry then I should try for provincial nominated program.

How do I score well with these two points?

Can I get a job from india?

Please guide me I am recalling getting confused!

:(
I said that if you don't have enough points to be selected for Express Entry, then you should look at the PNP programs. This isn't the same thing as not qualifying.

You should assume it will not be possible to get a job from India.

If you want to do this yourself (i.e. without a lawyer), then you'll need to dedicate significant time to research. I would recommend you spend time reading through the discussions in the PNP section of the forum and also the Express Entry section. You'll also want to read through the program details for the PNP programs to understand how nominations work.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Isn't that a high school diploma?
It would seem so but it could be considered a college level diploma depending on the program. That is why you need to get it evaluated. Qualifying for PR with a high school or even college diploma will be extremely difficult.

Rajes

Feb 14, 2020
It would seem so but it could be considered a college level diploma depending on the program. That is why you need to get it evaluated. Qualifying for PR with a high school or even college diploma will be extremely difficult.
Hi kind person,

Thank you for replying promptly.

I will get it evaluated. I just wanted to know if I should invest my time on it. Because it take 6 months my friend told me.

is there anything I could be eligible for?

Also:

I am presently reading about
Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot: who can apply

And it says

Educational requirements
You must have

• a Canadian high school diploma or
  • an educational credential assessment (ECA) report, from a designated organization or professional body, showing that you completed a foreign credential that’s equal to Canadian secondary school (high school)

Are these pilot programmers good?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi kind person,

I will get it evaluated. I just wanted to know if I should invest my time on it. Because it take 6 months my friend told me.

Also:

And it says

Educational requirements
You must have

• an educational credential assessment (ECA) report, from a designated organization or professional body, showing that you completed a foreign credential that’s equal to Canadian secondary school (high school)

You need to join the discussions in the PNP section of the forum.

JUST CHILL

Star Member
May 24, 2009
Hi kind person,

Also:

And it says

Educational requirements
You must have

Dude if i would have been at your place would have visited a consultant first and see what they say , majority of them dont charge early consultation fee. After getting little leads from consultants then do your research and after that if you have questions then ask .
I dint want to dishearten you but after grade 10 and 3 years diploma chances are not that much bright .here high school diploma is grade 12 exams in canada .

Reactions: scylla

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi kind person,

Also:

And it says

Educational requirements
You must have

Yes but actually get a job through the program is different than meeting their minimum qualification. Many of the rural and northern immigration program require you to have a connection to the region because their goal is to retain longterm employees.

Rajes

Feb 14, 2020
Yes but actually get a job through the program is different than meeting their minimum qualification. Many of the rural and northern immigration program require you to have a connection to the region because their goal is to retain longterm employees.
You said "have a connection to the region" can you elaborate that for me please?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You said "have a connection to the region" can you elaborate that for me please?
Many of the programs are requiring that people show that they have family, friends, have attended school or worked in the region, etc. They want to make sure that people are committed to living longterm in these cities.