Waived
Passport Req..
17-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2013
LANDED..........
11-06-2013
Hi Everyone
I am graduating this summer from university and my convocation is in October. I want my Parents and Grandmother to be here for that day. I want to apply for their normal visitor visa . My father is a bank employee and my mother is self employed. My grandmother lives with my parents. I have filled all their application forms etc but today one of my friends told me that applying for my grandmother visa with my parents reduces the chance of getting visa for all of them.I believe they have enough financial resources to prove that they can support their trip and they can even pay grandmother`s expenses. Can someone please guide me that what should i do in this situation. I really want my parents and grandmother to come for that day.
Thanks for reading and leaving your response.

Dost_Dost

Star Member
May 23, 2014
rick1111 said:
Hi Everyone
I am graduating this summer from university and my convocation is in October. I want my Parents and Grandmother to be here for that day. I want to apply for their normal visitor visa . My father is a bank employee and my mother is self employed. My grandmother lives with my parents. I have filled all their application forms etc but today one of my friends told me that applying for my grandmother visa with my parents reduces the chance of getting visa for all of them.I believe they have enough financial resources to prove that they can support their trip and they can even pay grandmother`s expenses. Can someone please guide me that what should i do in this situation. I really want my parents and grandmother to come for that day.
Thanks for reading and leaving your response.
Hello ,
I am not an expert like senior members here but up till now I have read so many posts so I can tell you that it reduces the chance of getting visa for your family not because of finance but because the visa officer might think that your whole family is gathering in Canada and then will not leave Canada.
So first apply for parents then for grandmother might help.
thank you. and wait for some senior member's response.best of luck.

SNSMTL

Jul 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It would not be good idea to attach all applications ( parents and grandparents) together. And since you have more than 3 months till your convocation, I would suggest your parents should first apply for themselves, and hopefully when they get their visas, then they should try filing your grand parents visa app. stating that your grand parents also would like to join your parents for your convocation. Good luck..