+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

need help

monty_ar

Sep 11, 2011
please advice, i am in canada on trv, i got an offer for job with LMO.

what should i do. apply here or in my home country.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Does this help?? http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op11-eng.pdf

5.11. Place of application for a temporary resident visa, study permit, work permit –
Implementation of R11(2)
Since April 1, 2005, applicants are required to submit their application for a temporary resident
visa, study permit or work permit to the visa office that is responsible for serving
• the country in which the applicant has been lawfully admitted; or
• the applicant's country of nationality, or, if the applicant is stateless, their country of habitual
residence.
When determining "nationality," presentation of a national passport should constitute satisfactory
proof of the applicant's nationality.
Visa offices in the U.S.A. have responsibility for applicants who have lawfully been admitted to the
U.S.A. or Canada.
R11(2) continues to be very flexible. For example, the business person from India spending a day
or two in the U.K. will be able to apply for a temporary resident visa in London, as long as they
were lawfully admitted to the U.K. Similarly, a Chinese student currently studying in Singapore will
be able to apply for a study permit at the visa office there. However, it will not permit a Brazilian
national who is physically in Brazil to make a temporary work permit application by mail to the visa
office in New York City.