+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need help with spousal sponsor refused

kabisha

May 30, 2011
Hi my friends
My spouse sponsor was refused in March. I filed an appeal in March 31 and received all the documents june 6. Does any one know how long it will take for the adr hearing? also do you guys know that we can win the appeal without police clearance? my spouse couldnot get the police clearance from malaysia for one year. Is it possible to win the appeal without the police clearance

Thanks

Heidyincnd

May 25, 2011
Woodbridge Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
1 May 2012
File Transfer...
12 Sept 2012
Med's Request
Waived
Med's Done....
25 May 2011
Interview........
5 Oct 2012
Passport Req..
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
Waived
LANDED..........
5 Oct 2012
Did you apply out-land? if so, which country's visa office did you apply? Didn't your spouse send them the police clearance at the beginning? and what was the reason that CIC refused your application? Would you mind to share?

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
kabisha said:
Hi my friends
My spouse sponsor was refused in March. I filed an appeal in March 31 and received all the documents june 6. Does any one know how long it will take for the adr hearing? also do you guys know that we can win the appeal without police clearance? my spouse couldnot get the police clearance from malaysia for one year. Is it possible to win the appeal without the police clearance

Thanks
i don't understand sorry...was the sponsor refused at Missisauga (step 1)? or the whole application refused at the outland visa office (step 2)? was it refused or returned for incomplete package (missing police clearance)?

anyway to answer ur question u need to give the reasons of refusal...some could be fixed through appeal (the genuineness of the relationship for example), some could not...usually the appeal could take 1 year or more...sometimes, depends on the reason, it could take less time to re-apply than to appeal

kabisha

May 30, 2011
Hi guys... i just sponsored my husband from Srilanka january 2009. He lived in Malaysia for one year. There fore the canadian high commission asked the police clearance from Malaysia for one year period. But he couldnot get the police clearance with in that period. There fore they refused the visa for him.

Now i file an appeal and received all the documents. i am waiting for the adr hearing right now

Now my husband got the police clearnce from Malaysia. does any one know that i can contact the IAD office and let them know about it

Thanks

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
First of all, you don't know if your appeal will be streamed to ADR. You can request it but you don't make that decision. Secondly, without knowing the city in which you filed the appeal, no one can give you an estimate of time. Yes, it would be possible to win the appeal without providing the police clearance but it is all dependent upon the reasons for the original refusal.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Heidyincnd said:
Did you apply out-land? if so, which country's visa office did you apply? Didn't your spouse send them the police clearance at the beginning? and what was the reason that CIC refused your application? Would you mind to share?
The OP must have applied outland. There is no appeal to the IAD for inland applications.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kabisha said:
Hi guys... i just sponsored my husband from Srilanka january 2009. He lived in Malaysia for one year. There fore the canadian high commission asked the police clearance from Malaysia for one year period. But he couldnot get the police clearance with in that period. There fore they refused the visa for him.

Now i file an appeal and received all the documents. i am waiting for the adr hearing right now

Now my husband got the police clearnce from Malaysia. does any one know that i can contact the IAD office and let them know about it
Thanks
Do you have a lawyer or consultant? If that is the ONLY reason why the application was refused, then you might want to have your lawyer contact the CBSA officer in charge of streaming the file.

turquoise

Star Member
Jun 25, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/2011
Doc's Request.
07/2011
File Transfer...
05/2011
Med's Done....
04/2011
Passport Req..
October 6, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
October 13, 2011
LANDED..........
October 14, 2011
rjessome said:
Do you have a lawyer or consultant? If that is the ONLY reason why the application was refused, then you might want to have your lawyer contact the CBSA officer in charge of streaming the file.
.....then maybe you don't need to do ADR/court hearing anymore.