+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need help with Scotia Banks GIC transfer from ICICI bank India

Jun 22, 2019
Hi,

This is the first time I am making an international wire transfer and I am up for September intake. I already am very late for the process and that's why don't want to take any chances with even the slightest mistake. So here we go.

I registered with Scotia bank Canada for getting the GIC bank details and I received the below mentioned email -

Send Instruction to:
THE BANK OF NOVA SCOTIA
44 King Street West Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5H 1H1
SWIFT Code: NOSCCATT

Beneficiary Bank Information (Field 57)
THE BANK OF NOVA SCOTIA
BNS 35972 SSG Transaction Processing
4715 Tahoe Blvd
Mississauga, Ontario, L4W 0B4
SWIFT Code: NOSCCATTCOL

Beneficiary Information (Field 59)
Name: Enter your first and last name: (note: Enter exactly as stated in
Passport).
Address: Enter your address in your home country.
Account Number: Enter your new Scotiabank Account number: <my_account_number>

Remittance Information (Field 70)
Enter "IAO"

Now, here are my queries.

1. The email received from Scotia bank asks me to fill out my first name and address in the section of Beneficiary Information.

I am attaching below the screenshot of the problem I face when I enter my address as India.

https://imgur.com/cVts6JJ

Am I doing anything wrong?

2. How long does it usually take to get the GIC certificate once the funds have been received by the bank?

VaishOptimistic

Jun 19, 2019
Hi,

This is the first time I am making an international wire transfer and I am up for September intake. I already am very late for the process and that's why don't want to take any chances with even the slightest mistake. So here we go.

I registered with Scotia bank Canada for getting the GIC bank details and I received the below mentioned email -

Send Instruction to:
THE BANK OF NOVA SCOTIA
44 King Street West Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5H 1H1
SWIFT Code: NOSCCATT

Beneficiary Bank Information (Field 57)
THE BANK OF NOVA SCOTIA
BNS 35972 SSG Transaction Processing
4715 Tahoe Blvd
Mississauga, Ontario, L4W 0B4
SWIFT Code: NOSCCATTCOL

Beneficiary Information (Field 59)
Name: Enter your first and last name: (note: Enter exactly as stated in
Passport).
Address: Enter your address in your home country.
Account Number: Enter your new Scotiabank Account number: <my_account_number>

Remittance Information (Field 70)
Enter "IAO"

Now, here are my queries.

1. The email received from Scotia bank asks me to fill out my first name and address in the section of Beneficiary Information.

I am attaching below the screenshot of the problem I face when I enter my address as India.

https://imgur.com/cVts6JJ

Am I doing anything wrong?

2. How long does it usually take to get the GIC certificate once the funds have been received by the bank?

U should receive it within 1 week or maximum 2 weeks... If u haven't received it..... Call them and politely ask them regarding ur gic fund transfer and also gic certificate... They will definitely help u..... I tell u this coz I too didn't receive and when I called them they sent it immediately :)

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
Hi,

So basically when I enter my address as beneficiary, the error I get from ICICI says - Remittance to India is not permissible.
I would suggest you go to your bank branch and see if they can do it from the branch. If not, you will have to transfer from another bank. It looks like a limitation of the bank(ICICI).

narayan55

Star Member
Aug 13, 2010
my father sent money to my scotia bank st.catharines branch from india icici bank money2world on 15 th feb uptill i have not received it.they say remittence sent.what to do now please help

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
my father sent money to my scotia bank st.catharines branch from india icici bank money2world on 15 th feb uptill i have not received it.they say remittence sent.what to do now please help
International transfers take lot of time, it has only been 4 business days since the 15th of Feb. If they garuntee some time, then you can ask them why it hasn't reached yet, otherwise you will have to wait only. You can only ask if ICICI India sent it, which they claim they have and you can ask Scotia Bank if they received it, until then it will be in transit and nothing can be done to speed it up.

Catmom

May 28, 2020
Hi How long did it take for the transfer?

Thanks