+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need Help With Required Documents (Police cert, Medical, POF)

grimmbrother

Jul 18, 2012
Hi Everyone,

I have a few questions about the documents required for the application. I'm assuming that based on my application that these are my specific documents in a checklist and not everyone is required to upload the exact same documents.

Some of these questions may be stupid, but I need to ask them anyway.

Proof of Means of Financial Support
I currently work in Canada and have read that you do not need to provide proof of funds (the official letter from your bank) if you already have a job. Plus, I have about $3000 - $4000 in my bank account right now. If I show this proof, would I not be eligible to apply anymore? Can I just skip uploading something here? Or do I have to get that letter from my bank? I'm with Tangerine so I do not know if they have a process for this as they don't do much stuff in person.

Proof of medical exam
I am from South Africa, which is one of the countries it says is required to do medical exams. Do I have to do the medical exam, or am I to wait for CIC to specifically reach out to me and request that I do one?

Police Certificates (Multiple)
I read that if you are already in Canada that you do not need to go and get a police certificate yourself, and that CIC can get it from RCMP themselves. is this true? If so, why does it say "multiple"?
I still need to obtain one from South Africa, I take it. I left South Africa in September 2011, and the last time I got a police certificate from them was in August 2011 for my Student Visa. So I take it that isn't valid and I need a new one.

Digital photo
The website doesn't state when this picture should have been taken. I had one taken almost two years ago for another Visa application. Can I use these or do I need brand new pictures?

Thanks in advance for your help!

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1 - Working in Canada does not necessarily make you exempt from providing POF. If you're a CEC applicant OR if you have a valid job offer then yes you do not have to provide POF, you can upload a letter stating the reason in the POF placeholder.

2 - They won't reach out to you, book an upfront medical with one of the panel of physicians in the IRCC website.

3 - The word "multiple" is standard wording, even if you're not required to provide a single PCC it will still say multiple in the document checklist. You need a new PCC for South Africa.

4 - Should be fine if it follows IRCC's guidelines.