+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need help with PR process while pregnant

NissyAnn

May 7, 2019
Is there anyone who have been through a similar situation as mine?
I am the primary applicant and my husband, dependent. Our CRS score is 449. IF I remove him from the profile CRS rises to 468 and chance of getting ITA is higher. If I remove my spouse now and proceed with single application, how can I get my medical completed and after delivery add my baby and spouse as dependents?
We are now 5 months pregnant and baby is due in May 2020 and in the same month our EE profile will expire.

Is there anyone of you who handled a similar situation and got PR processed successfully? Can you share your contact information?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Is there anyone who have been through a similar situation as mine?
I am the primary applicant and my husband, dependent. Our CRS score is 449. IF I remove him from the profile CRS rises to 468 and chance of getting ITA is higher. If I remove my spouse now and proceed with single application, how can I get my medical completed and after delivery add my baby and spouse as dependents?
We are now 5 months pregnant and baby is due in May 2020 and in the same month our EE profile will expire.

Is there anyone of you who handled a similar situation and got PR processed successfully? Can you share your contact information?
You must complete the medical before applying for PR. You can choose to defer the x-ray until after the birth. At that point, you can add your child to the app. If you include your spouse as non-accompanying to get the extra points, you cannot change him to accompanying at any point in the process, as your points would then be recalculated and you would no longer qualify. You will have to sponsor your spouse after becoming a PR. Note that sponsorship requires that you be living in Canada throughout the process.

NissyAnn

May 7, 2019
You must complete the medical before applying for PR. You can choose to defer the x-ray until after the birth. At that point, you can add your child to the app. If you include your spouse as non-accompanying to get the extra points, you cannot change him to accompanying at any point in the process, as your points would then be recalculated and you would no longer qualify. You will have to sponsor your spouse after becoming a PR. Note that sponsorship requires that you be living in Canada throughout the process.
Once I get my PR in how many months should I make the first landing in Canada? I am already a graduate from Canada and currently on post graduate work permit but I never used it as I stayed back in India due to pregnancy. After I get my PR what is the fastest mode to take my spouse along with me to Canada? Will I be able to apply for a work permit for him?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Once I get my PR in how many months should I make the first landing in Canada? I am already a graduate from Canada and currently on post graduate work permit but I never used it as I stayed back in India due to pregnancy. After I get my PR what is the fastest mode to take my spouse along with me to Canada? Will I be able to apply for a work permit for him?
COPR/visa is generally valid for one year from the date of the medical.

Your spouse can try for a TRV. If approved, he can come to Canada with you as a visitor. You can apply inland and include a work permit app. If not approved, he must remain in India and you must move to Canada to sponsor him outland and he will not qualify for a work permit.